The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

I suppose they do. But it seems everyone I do *hook* I need to toss back in.

Your standards may be too high. Perhaps you should practice saying yes for a day, like in the film Yes Man. Alternatively, instead of waiting for the fish to bite, look for one that appeals to you and invite him to look at the cherry tree you have at your sim. When he sees it, quote Pablo Neruda:
I want to do with you what spring does to cherry trees.

Hmm, well Randall, I do have standards and if certain ones are not met, I do not even bother. First and most important is common courtesy :)  I think for now I will just do what I have been doing on SL, either stick close to home or exploring the many places SL has to offer.  I think actually after coming out of a years long relationship here that I want more than a *my place or yours* kind of thing ;)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

Looks pretty sunny Val. You're wearing a lot of jewelry on your wrists. Be sure to remove it before you go swimming or you'll sink straight to the bottom like a stone.

You see Randall, I went for a swim this morning and didn't sink! :smileytongue: (I'm sure the beaver would have rescued me anyway)

sea.jpg

Love the suit Val, I have one just like it , classy, sexy I call it :smileyvery-happy:

Your beach looks wonderful, a very inviting place to go to :)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

Looks pretty sunny Val. You're wearing a lot of jewelry on your wrists. Be sure to remove it before you go swimming or you'll sink straight to the bottom like a stone.

You see Randall, I went for a swim this morning and didn't sink! :smileytongue: (I'm sure the beaver would have rescued me anyway)

sea.jpg

I've been looking really hard, but am still struggling to see Val's beaver.

Ian Undercroft wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Randall Ahren wrote:

sea.jpg

I've been looking really hard, but am still struggling to see Val's beaver.

LOL :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Hmm, well Randall, I do have standards and if certain ones are not met, I do not even bother. First and most important is common courtesy
:)
  I think for now I will just do what I have been doing on SL, either stick close to home or exploring the many places SL has to offer.  I think actually after coming out of a years long relationship here that I want more than a *my place or yours* kind of thing
;)

Do you know the definition of perseverance? Steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

After a single night out and encountering someone who was discourtesous, you're so discouraged that you're ready to give up? I think not.

You're looking quite lovely all in red. I would watch the dolphin. They're not supposed to be able to jump that high.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Hmm, well Randall, I do have standards and if certain ones are not met, I do not even bother. First and most important is common courtesy
:)
  I think for now I will just do what I have been doing on SL, either stick close to home or exploring the many places SL has to offer.  I think actually after coming out of a years long relationship here that I want more than a *my place or yours* kind of thing
;)

Do you know the definition of
?
Steady
persistence
in
a
course
of
action,
a
purpose,
a
state,
etc.,
especially
in
spite
of
difficulties,
obstacles,
or
discouragement.

After a single night out and encountering someone who was discourtesous, you're so discouraged that you're ready to give up? I think not.

You're looking quite lovely all in red. I would watch the dolphin. They're not supposed to be able to jump that high.

I do indeed know that definition Randall,  I will go out again, I assure you ;)

Thankyou, red is one of my favorite colors, and that dolphin I can handle, I know his tricks ;)

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

LOL Ian! Don't underestimate my English knowledge, I KNOW "beaver" comes in several meanings. That's why I'm wearing a bathing suit. :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

Is a beaver like something furry?

HAHA!!!  Yes...  I live in the Beaver State and didn't realize this other meaning for beaver until about a year ago...  Go figure! 

The swimsuit is nice in both black and red - very classy!  A beach theme thread would be fun, but I would have to take a new picture - the one I posted on the feeds would not get past moderation here...

I think beaver is an archaic term dating from the era when women went au naturel downstairs. To some it seemed comparable to a beaver pelt, which was shortened to the term beaver. However, due to a propensity for very brief bathing suits, the Brazilians introduced a new style that has swept the globe, and made beavers quite rare, especially in SL.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

LOL Ian! Don't underestimate my English knowledge, I KNOW "beaver" comes in several meanings. That's why I'm wearing a bathing suit. :smileytongue::smileyvery-happy:

Is a beaver like something furry?

HAHA!!!  Yes...  I live in the Beaver State and didn't realize this
other
meaning for beaver until about a year ago...  Go figure! 

The swimsuit is nice in both black and red - very classy!

A beach theme thread would be fun, but I would have to take a new picture - the one I posted on the feeds would not get past moderation here...

LOL Cinn, I didn't know the other meaning either until Sylvia briefed me in personal message!

And YAY for a beach thread! Hey, Saraya, you look so HOT in red, I suggest you start it! :smileyhappy:

In the meantime, I'm having a Korean spring morning...

korea.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.