The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you Cinn! If you TP there (and you are all welcome to do so if you wish), you will indeed hear the waves crashing and the soft sound of the tide. I'll have to release my seagulls from my inventory to make it even more realistic, lol. And, playing with the windlight settings there can be a great fun, just for relaxing or taking pictures. :smileyhappy:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Va%20Pou/100/25/22

PS: There is even an intan ball a bit burried in the sand for romantic dancing on the beach...

I might take up that offer, if I should feel the need of a "normal" picture instead of my current spooky dark mood. Very nice coast. I hope I can find a mesh horse soon, I saw that the creator behind the Water Horse is working with mesh and has released a deer. Interesting to watch in the future.

Yes, I can be light too, but not so often. 

Saraya, I liked both hairs too, I think you looked sexy, sulky and mysterious in the hair with bangs! :)

Nice avatar Randall. Very classic and masculine style.

Congrats Jesica! 

So I got a new avatar, the Mesh doll from COCO. I bought her two heads so far. I also played with projected lights, so what you get is unedited. And that's hard for me, I will always try to adjust the colors and brightness a bit.

coco doll small unedited.jpg

coco body_002 small.jpg

Snapshot_002small.jpg

This avatar can only wear full prim clothes. No clothing layers at all. So it's a challenge to dress, and I need all my editing skills. 

valerie Inshan wrote:

Count me in the "no bangs" fans Saraya, this hair looks really sexy on you!

Ah, there's nothing like relaxing on my private beach! I've wanted it to look like a north western coast landscape. You won't find any coconut trees here. :smileyhappy:

beach10.jpg

Val, I love hair swept up and that one is super cute..where's it from?

Everyone, great pictures!!

WB Jesica :)

Thanks Kylie! That one comes from A&A. I'm not too fond of their hair usually but completely fell in love with this one.:smileyhappy:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/AA-Bella-Hair-Darkbrown-Elegant-updo-hair-with-colorableshowhide-barrette/3137020

@ Marianne, you are welcome any time! /me wonders what dark and spooky creature you could release in my forest... :smileyvery-happy:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thanks Kylie! That one comes from A&A. I'm not too fond of their hair usually but completely fell in love with this one.:smileyhappy:

@ Marianne, you are welcome any time! /me wonders what dark and spooky creature you could release in my forest... :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks :)  I agree with you.  I can never find too much there...lately I've been deleting their group notices without looking.  See what I miss when I do that...no more :smileysurprised:

Nice sim. The blossoms on the cherry tree are a little early. Sakura doesn't usually arrive until April. So how did your boots work out? I think you must have met someone. You glimpsed him from across the room and he looked back, seeing the hunger in your eyes. He walked to the center of the dance floor and said "come dance with me", but you were already there waiting for him.

@Marianne, ty. I think a water horse is a dragon. You do like spooky. I'm looing forward to seeing the light you.

@Uncommon, nice photo. It reminds me of a line from an old song "she moves through moonlight, only to burn me with the sun."

Randall Ahren wrote:

Nice sim. The blossoms on the cherry tree are a little early. Sakura doesn't usually arrive until April. So how did your boots work out? I think you must have met someone. You glimpsed him from across the room and he looked back, seeing the hunger in your eyes. He walked to the center of the dance floor and said "come dance with me", but you were already there waiting for him.

@Marianne, ty. I think a water horse is a dragon. You do like spooky. I'm looing forward to seeing the light you.

@Uncommon, nice photo. It reminds me of a line from an old song "she moves through moonlight, only to burn me with the sun."

Lol Randall, I wish ;), but actually had quite a nice time last night, an old friend logged in that I haven't seen in a long time, so we spent hours at my sim chatting and dancing :)  Was a good time.

And atm sitting at Fogbound wondering where the hell all the men are? lol. But the music is great, so it's alright, for now ;)

Randall Ahren wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

And atm sitting at Fogbound wondering where the hell all the men are? lol. But the music is great, so it's alright, for now
;)

Well, you could try Lar's or Muddys if Fogbound is devoid of guys.

Well it did pick up for a bit, started chatting with a guy in IM's, it progressed to dancing and then well degenerated from there. Where are the men with a bit of class?  ;)

Sounds like your boots work. Not everyone they hook is going to be a keeper. It seems you received a rather explicit request. I like to quote Rumi: You have been a prisoner of a little pond, and I am the ocean. Come merge with me.

@Erin, looks like a screen shot from a low resolution video game.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Sounds like your boots work. Not everyone they hook is going to be a keeper. It seems you received a rather explicit request. I like to quote
:
You have been a prisoner of a little pond, and I am the ocean. Come merge with me.

@Erin, looks like a screen shot from a low resolution video game.

I suppose they do. But it seems everyone I do *hook* I need to toss back in.

And I really liked that link to Rumi and what it says. :)

Saraya Starr wrote:

I suppose they do. But it seems everyone I do *hook* I need to toss back in.

Your standards may be too high. Perhaps you should practice saying yes for a day, like in the film Yes Man. Alternatively, instead of waiting for the fish to bite, look for one that appeals to you and invite him to look at the cherry tree you have at your sim. When he sees it, quote Pablo Neruda: I want to do with you what spring does to cherry trees.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Looks pretty sunny Val. You're wearing a lot of jewelry on your wrists. Be sure to remove it before you go swimming or you'll sink straight to the bottom like a stone.

You see Randall, I went for a swim this morning and didn't sink! :smileytongue: (I'm sure the beaver would have rescued me anyway)

sea.jpg

Thank you Randall. In SL as in RL, I've always consider nice bathing suits way sexier than complete nudity. Leaving something to imagination is much more teasing by far in my opinion.

And it is indeed a beaver behind me. I persuaded him to act as an otter. He didn't even protest. :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.