The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I turn my back on this thread for 5 minutes and there are dozens of amazing pictures. I'm far too lazy to comment on them all, so just a quick word on the latest.

Wow!

Naturelle, I love that huge burst of colour in your picture. Really warms up this dull day. Your av looks great, and manages to stand out from the background even in that riot of colour. The whole thing ties together really well.

My picture is an alt, and my attempt at a Japanese avatar. I really wanted to do it without the Western cliches of Japan, so no seifuku, kimono or neko in sight. It's also my attempt at a slightly older avatar - I find it hard to make an avatar look older than mid-20s without resorting to stern updos and formal clothes.

sloppyjoe.png

Randall Ahren wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:
I was trying to show off the store, but I really like the way this turned out. Point the camera away from me you say? But how! lol
:P

Now that is vanity. My favorite photo of you in this dress is the one in your flickr stream in monochrome with the foxes and antique telephone entitled

Thank you, Randall. Vanity is my middle name, well, it's actually Anne, but you know what I mean :P

Pretty scary Marianne. I give you the nod for best Special FX. Your dresses are lovely. I prefer that look.

@Val, I didn't think you were the type to have tattoos. You're full of surprises.

@Kylie, I remember Chris Norse. He reminds me of Chuck Norris.

@Saraya, watching the sunrise in a skirt that short? Let me guess, you didn't go home at all last night did you?

@Naturelle, very innocent.and uncorrupted.

@Kelli, yes, she does look Japanese. Nice leggings.

@Charo, interesting. I only have a first and last name in SL.

Kelli May wrote:

I turn my back on this thread for 5 minutes and there are dozens of amazing pictures. I'm far too lazy to comment on them all, so just a quick word on the latest.

Wow!

Naturelle, I love that huge burst of colour in your picture. Really warms up this dull day. Your av looks great, and manages to stand out from the background even in that riot of colour. The whole thing ties together really well.

My picture is an alt, and my attempt at a Japanese avatar. I really wanted to do it without the Western cliches of Japan, so no seifuku, kimono or neko in sight. It's also my attempt at a slightly older avatar - I find it hard to make an avatar look older than mid-20s without resorting to stern updos and formal clothes.

sloppyjoe.png

Kelli, really like this.  You look great :)

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Kelli, really like this.  You look great
:)

Thank you. You've been posting some great natural looks recently, really appreciated.

Styling for that av, btw:

Tuty's 'Jing' skin (freebie)

MrS 'Tamara' hair (I think this style looks great for dark-skinned avs of many ethnicities, especially for a retro look)

Bare Rose 'Bukka Bukka' mesh oversized sweater

Bare Rose cut-off shorts

Reasonable Desire 'Leah' red bra (lucky chair)

PixelDolls violet 'dots' tights (probably discontinued, but I have a whole pack and I really love the shading on these)

ETD shoes (discontinued)

Randall Ahren wrote:

Now that's a cute elf, and I love that shirt.

@Staraya, you have a nice place. You dress quite elegantly even when just paying bills.

Why thankyou Randall :)  Yeah, more often than not she is in a dress, but guess I will have to post some pics of her dressed more casual ;)

Kelli May wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Kelli, really like this.  You look great
:)

Thank you. You've been posting some great natural looks recently, really appreciated.

Styling for that av, btw:

Tuty's 'Jing' skin (freebie)

MrS 'Tamara' hair (I think this style looks great for dark-skinned avs of many ethnicities, especially for a retro look)

Bare Rose 'Bukka Bukka' mesh oversized sweater

Bare Rose cut-off shorts

Reasonable Desire 'Leah' red bra (lucky chair)

PixelDolls violet 'dots' tights (probably discontinued, but I have a whole pack and I really love the shading on these)

ETD shoes (discontinued)

Thanks for the info...really like the sweater :)

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

I might get some jealous people over my newest look, but keep in mind I worked hard to achieve this most beautiful look. Once you get past your jealousy and realize it IS an avatar, I can explain the tedious process to p[iecing together such a stellar look.

ruthless_001.jpg

Ack...I remember looking like that :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 597 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.