The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

USSA 2.PNG

Yak2.PNG

I don't understand!  Why are the photos blanked out?  

I am guessing but perhaps Suspiria removed them from her photo library.  Once that happens, all you will see is a box with an 'x'.

Does this mean the photos can be altered AFTER people respond?  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

USSA 2.PNG

Yak2.PNG

I am guessing but perhaps Suspiria removed them from her photo library.  Once that happens, all you will see is a box with an 'x'.

Yes it does. It is something that really needs to be looked at. :smileysurprised:

LiveReport wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Absolutely nothing. 

Yes it does. It is something that really needs to be looked at. :smileysurprised:

If I respond with only videos and pictures I will be able to change the entire 'theme' of both my posts and others by changing the original?  The ultimate censorship.

Storm Clarence wrote:

If I respond with only videos and pictures I will be able to change the entire 'theme' of both my posts and others by changing the original?  The ultimate censorship.

If the original is removed and replaced, the posters who quoted the original post will still show boxes with 'X' in them.  The replacement will not carry to subsequent posts that quoted.

Drowmean.jpg

That pic describes what I think about Cato Badger's post. Meet me in world and I show you that I'm not even anything near these anorexic looking avatars. But haven't seen any chubby elves around either. There's no ribs sticking out, only muscles from Roleplaying a Warrior of sorts. My upper body isn't even stretched large either, I'm rather small.

@Talismere: Thank goodness for someone in the Vanity thread with a sense of proportion. Except that was my point - I am not sure if the aspect ratio of your images as displayed on my screen (it might be my problem, or the software, or just the way your files are uploaded) makes you look a bit skinny. Didn't you like the comparison with Julia Roberts? I know she isn't famous for her action roles but *that* attractive and *that* rich - it could only have been a compliment. I'd step into her shoes anyday. Cato

Talismere, I understand what Cato is saying.  I have had the same issue in the past.  What I needed to do was to go into Paint or some similar software and change the ratio of width to height so that the avatar does not appear kind of squashed and lengthened in the photo.  It is not a significant modification but it makes one appear more 'realistic' if you get my drift.

Your avatar is awesome.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Yay, Val!  The dress is lovely, the setting is perfect and you are gorgeous.  Thank you for showing off your lovely avie.

Thanks to you, Venus! and Thanks to Storm for such a great vanity thread. Now these two are really super vain!!! (from another thread in the old forum)

audrey2.png

fairlady ok.png

Awesome pictures everyone :)

No, I was a bit taken aback by the way it had been written. It really came through like a really negative comment, that's why my reaction to it wasn't too good (I didn't intend to copy a fake Julia Roberts at all...my avatar comes from a really clear mental picture of my roleplaying Character of old from Forum Roleplays and other RP MMOs). I never use Photoshop nor any other programs, but yeah, I'm really far from skeleton-avatar, curves are where they should be, and so are the abs and muscles. The Curio skins always boost the lips a bit too much...For the stretched upper body appearance, I think it's the belt of the outfit adding to it, and the weird stance in which I caught her (Pics were not made on poseball). Last input of mine of that matter ^^ Perhaps a smiley in comments would taken the sharpness from the words too, @ Cato.

This photo is about 18 months old and I wore Tuli skin at the time but I really like how the photographer captured Venus.  He had me on a pose stand and rotated me slowly to get some of my hair to flow outward and then added his post-production effect.  Skip Staheli is the photographer.

DJ Venus~When the music fades Sepia.jpg

Venus Petrov wrote:

This photo is about 18 months old and I wore Tuli skin at the time but I really like how the photographer captured Venus.  He had me on a pose stand and rotated me slowly to get some of my hair to flow outward and then added his post-production effect.  Skip Staheli is the photographer.

DJ Venus~When the music fades Sepia.jpg

OMG Venus! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Stunning! Perfect! (I miss superlatives here...)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.