The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35414221390_1d6fe70ae2_b.jpg

Credits

Exile for Summerfest '17, plus Kitt Ragu for ::K::, Scars, Stray Dog, and VRSION SLASH at the Mens Dept.

Hair: Exile - Walking the Wire* (reds HUD)
Vest: ::K:: - Trucker Vest Homme (black)
Pants: Scars - Ripped Knee Pants (black)
Boots: VRSION SLASH - 5 Urban Boots (BR)
Skin: Stray Dog - Lewis (tone 4)
Bracelets: RealEvil - Ikal Bracelet (male)
Headphones: Swallow - Headphones Skull (gold/black)
Piercings: RealEvil - Savage Face Piercings (male)
Rings: Absolut Vendetta - Icarus Bento Rings (male)
Eyes: Insufferable Dastard - Dreamer Eyes (blue-green)
Head: Catwa - Daniel
Body: Slink - Physique Male
Hands: Slink - Dynamic Male
Pose prop: WetCat - Best Song Ever unisex prop

*review copy

(Complexity: 55,955)

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

I have no idea what a vanity thread is and what they do. According to the pictures, people are showing their outfits.

Vanity Definition - take your pick:  
Inflated pride in or admiration of one's own appearance
Something produced as a showcase for one's own talents (or appearance, as the case may be)

Since we have a few of these "Look at me" threads (my new name for them, compliments of @Talligurl) - Most of us just post one or two pictures per thread every day or so.  Otherwise, people might get tired of admiring us and then where would we get our "Likes". 

Side note - I think this one was originally opened up to show off yourself as well as your photo / posing abilities.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Vanity Definition - take your pick:  
Inflated pride in or admiration of one's own appearance
Something produced as a showcase for one's own talents (or appearance, as the case may be)

Since we have a few of these "Look at me" threads (my new name for them, compliments of @Talligurl) - Most of us just post one or two pictures per thread every day or so.  Otherwise, people might get tired of admiring us and then where would we get our "Likes". 

Side note - I think this one was originally opened up to show off yourself as well as your photo / posing abilities.

Ok, so it's just like fashion modeling?

43 minutes ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

I have no idea what a vanity thread is and what they do. According to the pictures, people are showing their outfits.

The Vanity Thread was the first, and seems a bit more formal, with many people listing the items in the outfit along with the picture, but there are th elazy ones like me that tend not to do that.

The How does you avatar look today thread, is essentially the same thing, but maybe a bit less formal.

The What are you doing thread, is one more place to post a picture of yourself, the emphasis here though being on what you are doing rather then what you look like, but a picture of what you are doing will obviously show what you look like.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.