The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

That hair, is from Lelutka, not Mina.

It has no cute name - the name is a number. 

Thanks, I looked through everything in the Marketplace and didnt find it, i guess when i get inworld I need to pop over to the store. 

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Thanks, I looked through everything in the Marketplace and didnt find it, i guess when i get inworld I need to pop over to the store. 

Yes, I could have been more specific, I didn't find anything at Mina. But Elora cleared up that :) 

It's a hairbase plus the bands and hair. I tinted a brown hair and hairbase. Sometimes, I find that the red shades is too red.

I am going back to Mina, I need to find this hair: https://damatjomagic.wordpress.com/2016/12/03/mina-hair-ef-fameshed/

It was released in December, so it should be in the store. But I looked everywhere and even used "area search" in Firestorm. I just need that hair!

Edited by Marianne Little

I went to the store, didn't find it, while there I saw another girl with another hair I liked, I asked here where she got it and she told me Analog Dog Island, Well my main hairs I use are from AD, but I didn't remember seeing that in the marketplace, but sure enough in world is a whole bunch of stuff I have to have. Here is the hair she had, hers was black, but my color is red.

Harley sort of_001.png

• Like 1

So I have become a gacha addict. But I am not playing, I comb the Marketplace for good prices. Like this mesh head, SOMEMORE / SaeBom mesh head - 04. I got it for a bit over 100 L and it includes Maitreya applier and Slink hand/feet applier. Not a bad price. The outfit is also a gacha resell find, Clockwork doll, and the hair is a FREEBIE from Exile, to celebrate their new-opened mainstore. No group needed. They give it away as a fatpack with all possible colors. Also a short male or unisex style.

It is (almost) unedited. I found a new page called Fotor, and used the Effect - warm winter - incubator, plus the thin frame line. Yes, and also crop and resize. The original was PNG 3000 x 2000

And I remember I saved an image to my profile feed, so you can see the difference. https://my.secondlife.com/marianne.little/snapshots/58ee859f73ed175a4c000001

lifgtshadow_006(1).jpeg

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So I have become a gacha addict. But I am not playing, I comb the Marketplace for good prices. Like this mesh head, SOMEMORE / SaeBom mesh head - 04. I got it for a bit over 100 L and it includes Maitreya applier and Slink hand/feet applier. Not a bad price. The outfit is also a gacha resell find, Clockwork doll, and the hair is a FREEBIE from Exile, to celebrate their new-opened mainstore. No group needed. They give it away as a fatpack with all possible colors. Also a short male or unisex style.

It is (almost) unedited. I found a new page called Fotor, and used the Effect - warm winter - incubator, plus the thin frame line. Yes, and also crop and resize. The original was PNG 3000 x 2000

And I remember I saved an image to my profile feed, so you can see the difference. https://my.secondlife.com/marianne.little/snapshots/58ee859f73ed175a4c000001

I have often wondered at the hair-blowing-in-the wind hairstyles and whether people walk around with their hair blowing around, but I do like the sense of movement it adds to photos. 

• Like 3

Coming up on my 10th anniversary. Finally fully mesh/Bento. I've decided that since I no longer have the same look, it's time for a change. I've been a redhead my whole SL (like in RL) I'm going to start wearing different haircolors! (It's a huge move for me)

Snapshot_005.jpg

Edited by Aislin Ceawlin
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have often wondered at the hair-blowing-in-the wind hairstyles and whether people walk around with their hair blowing around, but I do like the sense of movement it adds to photos. 

Yes, it is very much a "photo hair". ;) We can't have movement in mesh. It is some hairmakers that combine mesh and flexi prims, Like Analog Dog and Catwa. But that is only small strands of hair, the main part is still mesh. What I do wish for, is a hairpack with "mirrored hair" two identical hairs, but blowing the different way.

And don't I hate it when the hair is blowing out like it is a strong wind, and the clothing is totally still!! Sometimes I find clothes that's made to look like they are in movement, but it's difficult to find stuff that fits the scene. I almost made it here, but the skirt is still too stiff looking.

6939196787_6b8bacf7a7_b.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Coming up on my 10th anniversary. Finally fully mesh/Bento. I've decided that since I no longer have the same look, it's time for a change. I've been a redhead my whole SL (like in RL) I'm going to start wearing different haircolors! (It's a huge move for me)

Snapshot_005.jpg

Oh, you look good in blonde! :x

• Like 3

Another couple of shots.  I need to slim down the lips just a little.  After that I need to play with the breasts (Yeah, I said it) until they look natural.

Snapshot_040.thumb.jpg.97d4fc0f1563ed852835aca48525f7a7.jpg  Snapshot_039.thumb.jpg.5aed2f7f04106f5f0f3ec878d020afb7.jpg

ETA
It was not the shape, it was the sweater.  Oh well.  I'll live with the food tray effect for this outfit.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Aislin Ceawlin said:

I've been a redhead my whole SL (like in RL) I'm going to start wearing different haircolors!

Interesting, I switched hair color and style almost daily since I started a year and a half ago, but just recently settled on red.

wave.png

Edited by Talligurl
forgot to put the picture.
  • Like 3

Just now, Talligurl said:

Interesting, I switched hair color and style almost daily since I started a year and a half ago, but just recently settled on red.

Poor Ais has remained relatively the same for almost 10 years. Just updated to the current standards. My shape was from Alady, and replaced with the newer version of the same shape when it was still open. Used that shape until I went mesh. I guess it was comforting to see the same "person" whenever I logged in. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Yeah i get that, I resisted the switch to mesh a long time, I still am resisting going o a mesh head, I just know anything I try to do isn't going to look like "me",.

EXACTLY!! I guess now, since she isn't "me" anymore, the transition to different hair colors is a little easier.

• Like 4

I had medium-short black hair for a long time.  I tried to maintain my old look until it just got impractical.  Now I am completely re-inventing myself.

33181250054_2cce09f68c_z.jpg

I have settled on red hair and a lighter skin than I used to wear.

And dresses. I seldom wore dresses before and then only formals.  Even for formals more often than not I wore a tux!
Maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age :)

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Another couple of shots.  I need to slim down the lips just a little.  After that I need to play with the breasts (Yeah, I said it) until they look natural.

Snapshot_040.thumb.jpg.97d4fc0f1563ed852835aca48525f7a7.jpg 

ETA
It was not the shape, it was the sweater.  Oh well.  I'll live with the food tray effect for this outfit.

I was going to post just that, it's the built in boobs! :D I do really like what you do to your shape. I don't think the lips look too big.

Last time I was logged in as Marianne, I was going to take a "risky" picture. I have not really looked at her SL body in a long time, she's gone dressed since I bought the Bento Simone head. And I was looking at the screen and said: "Where are the butt and boobs, that was a skinny shape?

I then found out that I had used the included LeLutka shape, as a start to tweak the facial features. I sort of forgot the body, I just adjusted the height.

So I added both muscles and curves.

Keeping the risky pictures out of the thread, I don't show anything but the collar might be too terrifying for LL.

• Like 3

After all the posts about mesh bodies that I've been reading the past few weeks, I finally bought one last night and switched over.  After lots of switching back and forth between several different demos, I finally settled on the Maitreya Lara.  With this nice new body, I decided it was the perfect day to go to the beach...

20170413 beach_001.png

20170413 beach_004.png

20170413 beach_002.png

• Like 6

Happy happy joy!

I got an update for my head, with eyes, and they are OMEGA compatible. Weee! All those new eyes releases with Omega appliers for Catwa, I have wished to buy them, but Catwas eyes are too much, I can't make myself buy them. Now I was buying more face animations, and the price for LeLutka animations are really not that bad. Buying LeLutka heads for my other female avatars has never been more tempting.

Using one of the six included eye textures from the update here.

facesmall.jpg

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, moirakathleen Resident said:

After all the posts about mesh bodies that I've been reading the past few weeks, I finally bought one last night and switched over.  After lots of switching back and forth between several different demos, I finally settled on the Maitreya Lara.  With this nice new body, I decided it was the perfect day to go to the beach...

20170413 beach_001.png

20170413 beach_002.png

That is the trouble with mesh bodies... putting clothes on them. :$

And I don't mean it's hard to find clothes, it is just so much more fun to show off the smooth body without bumps. :D I like your trailer, I think I have one of those too.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That is the trouble with mesh bodies... putting clothes on them. :$

And I don't mean it's hard to find clothes, it is just so much more fun to show off the smooth body without bumps. :D I like your trailer, I think I have one of those too.

It's very out of character for me to run around like that :)   Might be the start of a new trend :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

I had to match Rhonda's sweater look.

58f1046316476_HerGirlfriend3.thumb.jpg.4f8e109c69f83614d0990e2dbb2de668.jpg

When she and I first started, I was the redhead and some occasional white hairstyles for different looks. Now my neko wears white hair and my human/angel is blonde.

Oh, I like that blue sweater. And that pose is adorable! Where is it from?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 571 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.