The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Marianne, you inspire me to wanna make some alts lmao. I have always wanted to make an alt to take pictures with. 9_9

I did that, and then hardly ever use her, not even sure if I remember the password anymore, and I also made some other avis just to use as models, I don't really use them either.

@Marianne Little I love challenging my system for such projects of load impact after getting a new computer last year. Logging myself in to ultra settings and then setting the other guys down on another monitor to minimum graphics load in 4-5 windows. It's funny because even though they are actually very similar to myself and have that 'looks related' appeal, they each have their own personality  in some way. Forester is the smallest guy having to climb up on his big brother Xavier's shoulders, and Phencer (next to me) always has an excited look while Max and Lex tend to have a mature bemused approach to such things.

Yeah I was wondering if there are any Bento rigged beards out there too come to think of it. The beard will follow the jaw when the mouth opens when attached to the mouth but the stache seems to stay static in position causing issues with the upper teeth if expressions get too wild.

I need to invest in some bento hands and see how they look. So far from what I have found the hands are very frame based still but they still look great in static poses for finger position. My concern is though, are they going to look chalky and smooth whereas men's hands are a bit more lined. I will have to test and see and see if there are any Bento rigged facial hair out there yet that has slipped by me.

2 hours ago, Hunter Stern said:

@Marianne Little I love challenging my system for such projects of load impact after getting a new computer last year. Logging myself in to ultra settings and then setting the other guys down on another monitor to minimum graphics load in 4-5 windows. It's funny because even though they are actually very similar to myself and have that 'looks related' appeal, they each have their own personality  in some way. Forester is the smallest guy having to climb up on his big brother Xavier's shoulders, and Phencer (next to me) always has an excited look while Max and Lex tend to have a mature bemused approach to such things.

Yeah I was wondering if there are any Bento rigged beards out there too come to think of it. The beard will follow the jaw when the mouth opens when attached to the mouth but the stache seems to stay static in position causing issues with the upper teeth if expressions get too wild.

I need to invest in some bento hands and see how they look. So far from what I have found the hands are very frame based still but they still look great in static poses for finger position. My concern is though, are they going to look chalky and smooth whereas men's hands are a bit more lined. I will have to test and see and see if there are any Bento rigged facial hair out there yet that has slipped by me.

There are facial rigged beards for the Adam avatar, but you don't use that head, do you?

And you use Niramyth bodies, but not the heads? I was so exited when Niramyth updated the heads to Bento, but ended up dropping that whole Smith avatar back in my #2 alts inventory and use Catwa Daniel Bento head. I am also so fed up with Niramyth body, because there is almost no other skins made for it.

So I wear that new NX Nardcotix body, and they promise to update it with Bento hands soon. Signature Gianni released their updated body with Bento hands just a few days ago. I would be surprised if not Niramyth came with Bento hands soon.

I could buy those Vista hands, but why should I spend money on that, when the body systems I use either have updated to Bento hands, or promise to do it soon. It is just not worth it,  get appliers and Omega relays for a short time.

I was tempted to buy that pose you use, I have 6 avatars too! Where did you get it, may I ask?

Edited by Marianne Little

I am going to share a nice freebie with you who want to try Bento hands.

OK, to be honest, the hands are not all that good, but the HUD is doing an exellent job, posing more expensive hand systems. It has a page of static finger poses, and also a page of moving poses, finger motions. The speed may be a little too fast, but the "human beat" and the "human girl" is quite nice.

So I got this pack and discard the hands, trying this HUD on Slink Bento hands and Signature Gianni hands, and I like it. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BENTO-Enhanced-Hand/10310996

• Like 2

@Marianne Little I'm using the Aesthetic body with and without a mesh head. I agree that there are some of the limitations and wish there were more applier options to Aesthetic, but there are two Skin Installers to each pack iirc. It would also be wonderful if they came out with appliers for details to bento hands ( and mesh feet) could be added. mind you, many creators already provide a vast array for female hands and feet and they didn't forget the nail polishes,but for men I would love to see something like bruises or scuffing or dry worked hands infact to mix things up a bit. A photo with me as a mechanic with pristine clean hands is not going to make the shoot and add to more post process later to add in heh.

I have been trying out various heads though from Niramyth to Nivaro to labyrinth and now Catwa (which I'm really impressed with as far as all the Omega choices go and how well it does work with the Aesthetic body (I use Modulus hair bases for a fade blend to the neck lines in conjunction with the New Blender from Aesthetic on bald.

The pose I used is at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Reel-Poses-Friends-Selfie/7421964

This is my latest venture in heads though after I got the Justin head to go along with my Paul head from Catwa.

From Letre with Deadwool and Doux Hair and Facial hair mix.

Hunter32517_P.png

Edited by Hunter Stern
  • Like 6

On 3/25/2017 at 4:45 AM, Hunter Stern said:

@Marianne Little I'm using the Aesthetic body with and without a mesh head. I agree that there are some of the limitations and wish there were more applier options to Aesthetic, but there are two Skin Installers to each pack iirc. It would also be wonderful if they came out with appliers for details to bento hands ( and mesh feet) could be added. mind you, many creators already provide a vast array for female hands and feet and they didn't forget the nail polishes,but for men I would love to see something like bruises or scuffing or dry worked hands infact to mix things up a bit. A photo with me as a mechanic with pristine clean hands is not going to make the shoot and add to more post process later to add in heh.

I have been trying out various heads though from Niramyth to Nivaro to labyrinth and now Catwa (which I'm really impressed with as far as all the Omega choices go and how well it does work with the Aesthetic body (I use Modulus hair bases for a fade blend to the neck lines in conjunction with the New Blender from Aesthetic on bald.

The pose I used is at https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Reel-Poses-Friends-Selfie/7421964

This is my latest venture in heads though after I got the Justin head to go along with my Paul head from Catwa.

From Letre with Deadwool and Doux Hair and Facial hair mix.

Hunter32517_P.png

Oh my! He's purrrrdy!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

LOVING that skin, Marianne! I'm a nut for freckles. May I ask where it's from?

It is Silke from The Skinnery, but last I was in the store, I could not find it. It is rather old for an head applier, from 2015. You can always IM the creator and ask? The Skinnery has other freckled skins too! https://theskinnery.blogspot.no/2015/05/theskinnery-at-chapter-four-anniversary.html

Shopping til I'm dropping. I like new male stuff. And the shirt is fitted for Slink male body, that's awesome!

Body Slink Male

Head Catwa Daniel Bento

Eyes IKON

Hair Mina

Tattoo Prodigy Ink

Skin head applier ::LV:: Denjiro

Skin body Applier L'Etre Buttermilk

Eyebrow applier VYC

Ears Mandala

Shirt with straps :GB: Gabriel

Gladiator sandals :GB: Gabriel, gatcha item, but there are lots of pairs resold on the Marketplace. Not so many black sandals, but some.

Smuggler pants, belt and leg straps :E: Enigma

The pants and belt is not Slink size. There are a bit of clipping in the waist, so I have cheated a bit and made an brown applier like a pair of boxers applier that goes on behind the belt. This way a tiny clipping is almost invisible, you have to know it is there to see it.

Necklace [kunst] Light My Fire prev. gatcha item.

Piercing **RE** Revox

Cirklet The Forge prev gatcha item

sushi small.jpg

Sushi collage sm.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

Today a friend of mine who posts a lot of pictures to his feed, found me in a sim I discovered from pictures he had posted earlier, and he took my picture, I thought it came out pretty good, even though I had not put on any makeup, or bothered with my contacts.

web_58dd3d0ad9859c3bc5000001.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.