The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Parhelion Palou wrote:

There have been a lot of great pictures here lately. I've enjoyed seeing them.

It's been awhile since I've posted anything in this thread, so here's Santa taking a break.

Gentoo Christmas 2012 03.jpg

ETA: I didn't mean to reply to Kobuk -- I forgot the Reply button on the bottom left is flaky.

I just LOVE this picture Par! The light and the trees shadows look so realistic. Plus, your Santa is much less scary than the one I met the other day!

You weren't the only one disturbed by his creepiness! :D

And oh, I'm pretty sure we *all* dream of what you would do with 15,000 prims, haha. I'm sneaking you some blueprints for the cute SL cafe-bakery I've always wanted to make, just as one suggestion. I'm more than willing to serve macarons, pan au chocolat, brioche, eclairs and mille-feuilles :}

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Oh Val!  I went to get the LM and got hungry!  I hope you don't mind that I raided your refrigerator!  HEHEH!  Nom Nom!

Peace!

LOL! No, I don't mind at all. My fridge did seem quite empty when I woke up this morning.
:P

I would suggest you modify your sig: "
Space Craft Builder, Teacher, Fridge Raider
".
:D

LOL Val!   HEHEH!  I love the detail you put into your place!  Hugs!

Peace!

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

I'm crossposting this from the Bad Girls thread because it's already fallen halfway down the board. :smileysad: I don't have the chance to film machinima often so I get overly excited to finish one!

It does contain some violence, just as a warning.

wow wow wow amazing work Ko blown away

valerie Inshan wrote:

Ko, I am speechless. I have never seen such an awesome machinima so far! It is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. You are incredibly talented, hun. I have no words to express my admiration for such a fantastic work. 10000000 kudos for you and your team! :heart:

Val... :heart: That means so much to me coming from you, thank you. :} My graphics & net aren't very good -- a bunch of this was filmed on my Macbook -- but I really like the challenge of figuring out how on earth to film things in SL. And yes, I had some help from incredibly patient people. Grin.

*hugs you tightly*

NealCrz wrote:

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

I'm crossposting this from the Bad Girls thread because it's already fallen halfway down the board. :smileysad: I don't have the chance to film machinima often so I get overly excited to finish one!

It does contain some violence, just as a warning.

wow wow wow amazing work Ko blown away

Thank you, Neal. :heart: Bulidng the sets and finding animations actually took as much work as filming, grin. If you're ever overcome with the desire to cover a very-hilly 1/4 homestead with 1m patches of prim-grass, I suggest... well... not! :P

Now you made want to give a try to machinima too, lol. What I had seen until yours weren't really incentive for me. May I ask what capture program you are using on a Mac? (I have all the necessary editing apps already, including Final Cut Pro). Thanks in advance and, hugs you tigth back! :smileyhappy::heart:

Gah, if you can use FCP you're already way ahead of me! I'd love to see what you would film. :) I own Adobe Premier but, unlike Photoshop, for some reason I haven't yet found any motivation to learn it. I use iMovie; it's simple and intuitive.

For recording I use Snapz Pro on Mac and Fraps on PC, though I started out using Mac freeware software called Capture Me which was okay. Its issues were that it only recorded up to one minute at a time, and it seemed to wait patiently until I was in the middle of an amazing shot that I would never-again be able to re-create, before crashing. :P Oh, Gail also told me she uses ScreenFlow on her Mac and that it works really well.

*gives you that sweet puppy-eyed look she learned from Bo, wanting quite a lot to see you film something* ;) :heart:

Thank you so much Ko! I'm gonna have a busy weekend, not to mention the Christmas breakfast on Sunday! :D Yes, I've downloaded Capture Me but this 60 seconds feature is rather frustrating. I might try my first steps with it though. But I know it will take me a loooooong time before I am even half creative as you! 

Hope you and Gail will be here on Sunday: I miss prims for extra éclairs, macarons and religieuses au chocolat, but I have a very welcoming snowman offering cookies and gingerbread. :P

Is it this snowman? :D

Gail and I are definitely planning to be there on Sunday. How could we pass up the chance to eat eclairs and macarons for breakfast with such a lovely hostess? :}

And yeah, CM is certainly not the best capture software, but it's free and so okay just to play around with. If you do end up wanting to film anything and you have questions, I'd be more than happy to try to help. :} Sometimes short, simple machinima can be much more impressive than my tangled messes.

Besides that though, you have such an eye for detail and are much more creative than you pretend (*waves a hand at your beautiful decorating skills!*) so you can't tell me you wouldn't make pretty machinima. :)

I gotta fess up...... I sneak in here to this thread nearly each day, :matte-motes-bashful-cute: just to see the amazing shot you guys post...

My partner and I spend most our time working and chatting to each other while working, so we ended up removing our house a while ago to save the prims and since we never had time to use it.

But seeing your pictures made me miss our home, so now my house is back, on the picture out in the left side is our memorial place. We made it because we have lost 3 amazing friends during the years we have been here in SL.. :matte-motes-crying:

But now I can look out the window from my livingroom and see where my sister lays to rest her SLsoul... The house still needs lots of work as we only just got it set up so it looks pretty simple still, but my cats are happy now its so cold outside that they can go inside where its warm and nice, and lay by the fire..  So a big thank you to you guys for making me miss my home so much that I got it back..

Hugs from Lis and the kittycats :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Home sweet home.jpg

The Memorial place :)

Memorial place.jpg

madam Martian wrote:

I gotta fess up...... I sneak in here to this thread nearly each day, :matte-motes-bashful-cute: just to see the amazing shot you guys post...

My partner and I spend most our time working and chatting to each other while working, so we ended up removing our house a while ago to save the prims and since we never had time to use it.

But seeing your pictures made me miss our home, so now my house is back, on the picture out in the left side is our memorial place. We made it because we have lost 3 amazing friends during the years we have been here in SL.. :matte-motes-crying:

But now
I can look out the window from my livingroom and see where my sister lays to rest her SLsoul... The house still needs lots of work as we only just got it set up so it looks pretty simple still, but my cats are happy now its so cold outside that they can go inside where its warm and nice, and lay by the fire.. 
So a big thank you to you guys for making me miss my home so much that I got it back..

Hugs from Lis and the kittycats :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Home sweet home.jpg

The Memorial place
:)

Memorial place.jpg

Aww, welcome home, Lis. ;) Your place looks wonderful (that's a huge house!) and the memorial area is sweet. I agree that it's lovely to have a home to log in to instead of a mess of sandbox space; I end up group-selecting everything on my land and grabbing it up into my inventory pretty often so I can use prims to build.

Also, congratulations on coming out of lurking on the thread. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2: We're not so scary, huh?

LOL Burc, what are you pouting about? You don't look very happy here xD  You look good as a blonde!

Ko~ Wow! I have no idea what the story there was, but it was heartwrenching! Wonderful wonderful job with it! That is the most beautiful mechima work I've seen ever.

When did you become a horseman Neal? Your pics keep getting better and better ^,^

Val, everything you touch turns to class. I can't help but always look up to you and your sense of style and huge heart <3

Saraya the photo of you as a faun girl sitting under the tree is my alltime favorite of yours! stunning =D

I know I'm missing people =\ I did finally get logged in but none of my buttons or smileys will work lol.. so .. I just love you all! *group hugs you all to pieces*

Randall Ahren wrote:

Yes, it's a nice look.

@Madam, looks like a great house. Would be nice to see the interior and some shots of you.

@Val, supercute snowman.

@Saraya, nice bridge.

Sometimes the hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn... I'm the one you
:

Snapshot_001.jpg

Nice bridge Randall... think I have decided which bridge needs burning tonight..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.