The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A new tiny version of my raccoon av. I armoured up and visitied my friend's meeroos:

me and roos_sml.png

Note: I tried using the Firestorm 'Light and Shadow' settings for this picture, and found that enabling them makes my mesh clothing disappear (but not, for some reason, my mesh body). Anyone have any insight on this? 

Thank you Pussycat.  The WL setting is TOR SCIFI Lords of Barsoom.  I faced westward and wore a Ghosty's Polite Facelight v6.

Sexxxxy shot Uncommon!

Lovely Val...your glasses make you look classy and funky!

Love that photo, Kelli...sorry I cannot answer your question.

Wildcat, dab those tears and go dancing! *meows*

Looks like spring already with all the flowers in your photo. Spring is a bit early for my part of world. It's usually cold through most of March. In late March, the plum trees start to bloom, and then in April the cherries trees riot. That reminds me of a line from a poem I read long ago: April Comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Looks like spring already with all the flowers in your photo.
Spring is a bit early for my part of world. It's usually cold through most of March.
In late March, the plum trees start to bloom, and then in April the cherries trees riot. That reminds me of a line from a
I read long ago: April Comes like an idiot, babbling and strewing flowers.

Same here, Randall....although today it was a balmy 58 degrees, when the average is around 28...wtf?

Thank you. Actually, most of the parts of that av are full-size items that I've shrunk down to fit... the hair, ears, tail, steampunk armour and wings. Only the body and clothing are 'petite' by default. Most of the petitie wearers go for the fairy look, but I wanted something a little less fluttery. I was surprised how well the detail holds up as you zoom in - the wings have loads of tiny propellors on the back, the armour plates are ridged and shaded, and there's a tiny steam gauge on the breastplate.

So far there are only female avs by this creator (booo!), but I hear that they'll be producing a male avatar in a matching size this March (yay!).

The co-creator of the av does sell a full-size version of the mesh (more varied shapes, and a male av), so I could have a big copy of this look if I wanted. 

I am sure spring is waiting for you Cinn, you are such an adorable flower on this photo. :smileyhappy:

Now for a change, I found this costume inspired by the movie Dangerous Liaisons. It was one of Madame de Merteuil's many outfits (played by Glenn Close). Sadly I couln't meet Monsieur de Valmont while exploring the castle...

merteuilok.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 599 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.