Cloud

cookiepie5 Mahogany

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have found, Cookie, that if you will change your bald cap, that will resolve the problem.  I'm not sure why that works, but, it has for me...twice now. 

Just put a different one on than you are wearing now, and you should rez fine.  Then when you're all rezzed up, put your old one back on. 

Hopefully this will solve your cloud problem.  If not, I'm sure someone will be along to give you other suggestions.

/me smiles and tips his hat your way

I am not sure of the actual cause, but there are a number of ways to resolve the issue (irrespective of the given article)

• The debug setting 'renderunloadedavatar' set to true (Ctrl-Alt D for Advanced menu, if the advanced menu is not available);
  • Clear the cache has been cleared;
  • Re-set the graphics settings (do not do this unless you are knowledge with what you are doing);
  • Try to wear a new baldy, and even new shape (make sure you save your shape first);
  • Reset the router (power it off for 30 seconds);
  • Try flying up;
  • Uninstall/re-install the viewer ~ (this is not really necessary);

Then, if that does not work, then try this doing a Character Test.

• Advanced -> Character -> Character Tests -> Test Female (or Male).
  • This is most successful when done after clearing cache and logging into a non-busy sim (Pooley is often recommended).
  • Wait 5 minutes to give your avatar a chance to load and if it still doesn't then do the Character Test.

Quick note: Character test replaces all of your avatar parts so if you have a shape that you customized, make sure you save it first.

• 2 months later...

I had exactly the same problem and it was in both my Second Life viewer and Phoenix viewer.

I tried all the usual things - rebake, clear cache, edit appearance, wear a new shape/ skin etc, and nothing worked.

I read an earlier reply  to this problem suggesting to use the Test shape in Phoenix /Advanced menu. That solved the problem.

I hope it works for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

several solutions. There is a prom. But when you're in cloud. Impocible aparence change edited. And well you take a basic avatar in your inventair, I took robot. You take the file and place it on your name, above your avatar in the second life world, on a sim. And it will have to appear. We tell you drivers change viewer etc. But it does not always solve the problem.
Eng Several solutions. There is a prom. But when you're in cloud. Impocible aparence change edited. And well you took a basic avatar in your inventory, I took robot. You get the file and place it on your name, above your avatar in the second life world, on a sim. And it will have to appear. We tell you drivers change viewer etc. But it does not always answer the problem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.