Fun SL survey, to help a poor grad student!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey All (thank the gods the forums are back!),

Would you do me the EXTREMELY AWESOME favor of taking this survey? I'm in kind of a bind, needing SL data for my master's thesis on a deadline and not being able to find anyone to take it.  I tried to make the survey as fun and painless as possible.  It asks questions about your avatar preferences, your activity in SL, and the viewer you use.

After I get enough responses, I'm also going to be doing some interviews and a focus group inworld (I need people for that too; PM me if you're interested).  Also, if you're interested in the results, let me know.

Jaime

PS: This is my little-used research alt -- the legal text on the survey had to have my real name in it >.<

EDIT: Feel free to comment here, too, of course...

Hi Jaime.  Hope all goes well.  Often requests for assistance with surveys are met with....cranky or frustrated responses.

I completed the survey for you.  (Didn't take long)  There were a few questions which were a bit vague, but overall not a bad survey.

Cheers!

(Finally, a chance to test the macro feature!)

"Similarly, some of the first educators and researchers in SL were a bit clumsy in their approach. There were early incidents in which Residents felt—rightly—that they were being spied upon or treated like guinea pigs rather than human beings. Imagine how you would feel if an entire class of students set up right next to your vacation hideaway, left trash lying around, logged your conversations, and posted them on the Internet with criticism and mean-spirited comments. This is exactly what happened to some early Residents. Things have improved greatly in the years since then, but sometimes SL Residents are still subject to that kind of inconsiderate behavior. For example, a constant stream of researchers (often students) posts on the Second Life official forums requesting that Residents please take their surveys. Most of these surveys include the same questions that have been asked over and over. Often they aren't spell-checked, or refer to SL as a game—a sure way to irritate a substantial number of Residents. Some Residents make a hobby of critiquing these surveys, pointing out how the questions and their wording make it clear that the researcher isn't familiar with Second Life. Some post outright that they are sick of badly planned surveys and suggest that the researchers log in and do their own research. "
From The Second Life Grid: The official guide ro commuinication, collaboration, and community engagement
by Kimberly Rufer-Bach
ISBN: 978-0-470-41291-6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1817 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.