Is it possible to search for sims with the highest population (at the time of search)?

duLuna Bosatsu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Is it possible to search for sims with the highest population (at the time of search)? 

I want to explore places that are experiencing heavy traffic. The current searches only allow for a general traffic-based sorting, not real-time. How can I sort for current population of sim at the time of search? (ie: not typing in a keyword, but rather an undedicated search that I will there-in sort by population. Thus, themes out the window, target = mass hangout regardless of keywords.)

3 answers to this question

You can't.  That is not a searchable value.  The best you can do is open your map view and scroll out far enough to see many regions at once but not so far that you lose detail and start looking for green dots.  It's slow and random, but that's all you can do.

• Like 1

Use the What's Hot Now displayed at your login screen.  These are popular places that currently have a large population present.

However, I would also recommend exploring places that do NOT have a large population present.  MOST Second Life regions, including many of the most beautiful ones, have few or no people there.  This is due to several factors which I won't belabor here, but the important point is that regions with few people in them also tend to have less lag.

Being in a big, noisy party is fun...but so is exploring a quiet beach or forest all by yourself.

While I'm somewhat curious why you want to visit the laggiest places on the grid, I've managed to test against 10,000 locations (I'm not actually sure of how many locations there are to search, but that seems like a lot?) by using vwrsearch.secondlife.com > Places and sorting by "traffic: high to low".

It's possible to use the % operator as a wildcard, searching for "%1" seems to provide the most results but you'd have to check this is accurate enough for your requirements. Note that you will have to login to get access to Moderate or Adult results.

You can use this link to jump to the search query I used:-

http://vwrsearch.secondlife.com/?query_term=%251&collection_chosen=places&isLeftColOpen=true&sort=popularity_desc&category=

Again, this may not be definitive. But it might be close to what you're after.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.