No voice or friends list at home log in position on mainland, all works if I log in other places why

sweetboe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everything used to work fine but as of the last few days it's been weird. If I log in at my home location on the mainland my friends list misbehaves by not showing my friends who are online and and not notifying them of my online status. I also can not use voice which I know for a fact is enabled on my parcel. If I teleport the issue persists. However, if I log in somewhere else then everything works just fine so it's not a hardware issue. I have cleared my cache, done a clean install of phoenix and tested and retested various methods of fixing the issues provided by forums and help sites with my friends and alts with the same results. So it's not an issue with my computer, it's an issue with SL.

Closest thing I can find to my problem is an old issue with magnum server regions where they experienced something similar to what I am going through.

I suppose the fix for now is just to log in somewhere else but I should hope there is a means to fix this issue in a way that doesn't mean my home is not my home.

1 answer to this question

Open a Support Case asking that your Home Region be restarted - Many times a region can have a backlog of transaction messages in it that clog up it's ability to perform other basic services.

Also make sure the region owner hasn't turned off Voice Services for some reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.