Voice chat.. some help please

Nimue Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when I'm in voice chat, the person I'm talking too says that my voice sounds like its voice activated. When I stop talking it's as if im pushing a talk button.. is the a setting that can change this.. For the last week to 10 days, when I'm talking in voice chat , the person says that it sounds like I'm toggling off and on when I'm not. I thought it may have happened when I updated the phoenix viewer to 908. but I went back to 818 and am still experiencing the same.

Thanks!

Hi, Nimue.  Have you tried asking about this on the Phoenix Support inworld group?  They have inworld groups for support in several languages: http://www.phoenixviewer.com/support.php

The mornings (SL time) seem to me to be always well staffed by good support people, in the English group at least.

You may notice that they provide email support as well.  Their forums don't seem terribly active.

That said, I suspect that it may be a bug.  Here's a possible bug report on their Jira: http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-497

It could be a setting in your mic controls itself, not just in SL.  If you are in Windows, you can usually find your mic controls by going to the Control Panel >Sound (in Vista) or Control Panel > Sounds and Audio (in XP).  Sorry, I am not familiar with Windows 7 enough to tell you where to find it there.  Run a test with your mic, just to make sure that it's working properly.  That may or may not clear up the problem. 

I just checked the voice settings on Phoenix, and I honestly do not see on the Voice tab any setting that could make it sound like you are using Push to Talk without actually having the Push to Talk option checked.  I'm sure someone else will have other suggestions for you as well.  Good luck getting it sorted.  I hate it when my voice chat goes wonky.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.