Im looking for a job that hires newbies and was wondering if anyone could help.

LadyKelsey2011

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Quick advice. If you are looking to get hired for anything in SL you might want to make an initial investment and buy some L$ and make your avi look good. Nobody will hire you if you still look like a noob and also don't have an AO. Because in SL it is easy to adjust your appearance unlike RL the expectations are much hire. Sorry if this sounds harsh but it is the truth. Good Luck in your job hunt. 

Many information:

And some places offering some jobs:

RESUME:

To find job in SL is very similar to find job in RL. You have some skill and you "sell" that skill. See the great answer of George Orellana.

Another question is if you really needs a job in SL. Many times it's better buy L$.

Additionally, much like in RL, nobody's going to go looking for you.

Imagine you run a restaurant, and you need to hire a server.  You don't say to yourself, "Oh!  I know!  That guy I passed on the way in with the sign that said 'Will work for food'!  He'll be perfect!"  No.  You advertise that you're looking for help.  People fill in applications, you read through them, find the ones that look suited to your restaurant and the shift you're looking to fill, interview them, and then find the one who's right to hire.  They came looking for you, not the other way around.

The links listed above are a great start.  You may also want to check out the blog sl4nowt (particularly this page), and a blog I wrote on the subject, here.

Most establishments will not hire someone until you are 30 days old.  I know, it sounds unfair.  There are many many freebie places around that will provide you with decent skins, hair, clothing to help you get buy if you do not desire to exchange your currency for Lindens.  Exchanging, however, is the fastest way to get what you want.  Especially if you want to rent or purchase a home/parcel.

Welcome to SL and good luck!

Hi, I am owner Makayla Hanly of Sinfully Sedutive, right now im hiring for host/hostest job I do train and I do what others wont I HIRED NEW RESIDENTS,and train them to become,Dj, Dancer, Host ect. You may im me for an app. or stop by the club for more info this reply is for anyone that may need the help. :) Have a good day,evening,night!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4801 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.