Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No photo description available.

The gold leaf was being mean, so I set the gilding stuff aside for some calligraphy. Apparently the company I ordered ink from last week had misplaced the order and sent an apology today, and a delivery ETA for Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I made a second order today for some India ink as well from another company, as my old black is almost all out, and my new pot was just complete rubbish; even after two thirds of it had evaporated (despite having the lid firmly on), there isn't enough pigment in it - 'crisp, shiny black' my beehive. Try 'matt, translucent, muddy, silver-greyish'. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

The gold leaf was being mean, so I set the gilding stuff aside for some calligraphy. Apparently the company I ordered ink from last week had misplaced the order and sent an apology today, and a delivery ETA for Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I made a second order today for some India ink as well from another company, as my old black is almost all out, and my new pot was just complete rubbish; even after two thirds of it had evaporated (despite having the lid firmly on), there isn't enough pigment in it - 'crisp, shiny black' my beehive. Try 'matt, translucent, muddy, silver-greyish'. 

That is pretty awesome!

Do you also do other fonts? :)

• Like 2

Just now, Zeta Vandyke said:

Do you also do other fonts? :)

'Font' refers to a digital typefaces ... 😛

I do a few different versions of Gothic scripts, and a pretty meh Chancery Cursive. I find Antiqua-style scripts pretty mind numbing and boring to write, at that point it's just quicker and prettier to write cursive longhand - which is what I use in my everyday life.

... Preferably on lined paper. The angle of the last lines can be a bit wonky without lines!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

FIFY

Thanks. Still working on crate-training the boy. But now, I can try “doggy daycare”, take them to my own vet for a checkover, and begin “training”.  One is close to understanding “Sit”.  The other wants to stand on my chest and smother me, luckily the smaller one.

• Like 4

On 3/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks. Still working on crate-training the boy. But now, I can try “doggy daycare”, take them to my own vet for a checkover, and begin “training”.  One is close to understanding “Sit”.  The other wants to stand on my chest and smother me, luckily the smaller one.

Wait until you are being regularly branded on your back side with a pair of paw prints.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Wait until you are being regularly branded on your back side with a pair of paw prints.

The smaller one (female) wants to stand on my chest,  but I won’t let her because painful. The boy goes limp but lets me pick him up to carry him if need be. Think, Charlie Brown’s sister Sally’s “boneless cat”.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The smaller one (female) wants to stand on my chest,  but I won’t let her because painful. The boy goes limp but lets me pick him up to carry him if need be. Think, Charlie Brown’s sister Sally’s “boneless cat”.

Your chest is on your back side? :o

Alpha male always loved sneaking up behind me so he could put his dirty paws on my back and leave prints.  Frontal assaults were only allowed with permission.

64156_123722357756150_1771203637_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=3f70c3d2ce1c726ae776cdb4bfd27da8&oe=5D17CE82

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Your chest is on your back side? :o

Alpha male always loved sneaking up behind me so he could put his dirty paws on my back and leave prints.  Frontal assaults were only allowed with permission.

64156_123722357756150_1771203637_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=3f70c3d2ce1c726ae776cdb4bfd27da8&oe=5D17CE82

Not once have these two pups jumped up except to ask for a kiss.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Give them time. It will take a bit longer since you didn't raise them from new borns.

Should be fun. My last one was too thicc to jump up. My very first did it for years. You get used to turning, to avoid groin shots.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You get used to turning, to avoid groin shots.

Sure... when you see them coming. Yes, my kids were convinced I had eyes in the back of my head. My alpha male knew better. lol

That pic is of him at 9 months. He was on the smallish side for a timber wolf.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

If there's one thing I hate more than Monday mornings, it's meetings on Monday mornings....

I worked for a company once where there was a manager meeting every Monday morning and the agenda was to schedule the week's meetings.  I truly had no words when I learned that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.