Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

After a week of rain, the sun just started shining! I think Monday is trying to work on its reputation...

Today it snowed. Yesterday it rained. Saturday it snowed. Friday it rained. Thursday it snowed. Wednesday it rained.

I imagine old man winter and Freyr are having a heated argument somewhere. I made a snowman today with a friend - unfortunately I don't think I can share a picture since... Uh... Well, we had access to icicles. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just rain sounds amazing right about now, though. We're ankle-deep in slush here, and beneath it is the old winter ice which is really slippery with the slurry on top of it. Not a good time to slip unless you happen to wear a bathing suit. Which, I don't see a whole lot of people doing this time of year, what with the blizzards and all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

We're ankle-deep in slush here, and beneath it is the old winter ice which is really slippery with the slurry on top of it.

image.png.9a9ae0ef916fad46357748ad424bef36.png  Grocery Shopping in Slush, fun!

image.png.3db406c95756577a4dba1a9852cbc2fb.png  Watching the snow melt, exhilarating

image.png.9eae46f1721d22f5fffef7d5a804c2d4.png Dodging puddles, priceless

image.png.6b76e812346556de3aba0c86fd7c5819.png  Going to Puddles Pity Party, Good idea😁 

• Like 7

Good morning! Happy Tuesday!  

Song of the day - Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years - 

Here is an explanation as to why I picked this song today. I have been thinking lately about my life. My mother and father and friends that have passed away. Especially Valerie Inshan when she passed.  Of all the grudges I have held deep in my heart all these years. Of the things I should have said. And the questions that remain unanswered.  The things that should have been said to these people when they were living.  It's too late now for words. Too late.  These things should have been said long ago when they still were alive.  Many times I have questions that I know my father could have answered. The song Living Years addresses this.  Take the advice from me, an aging hippie. The graveside is not the place to say these things or ask these questions.  Make sure to ask these questions to the living. Make sure you tell them that you love and care for them.  Make sure you clear you heart and soul of all the hate and crud that becomes extra baggage in your life that weighs you down and hurts your relationship with the people you love. Ask the questions now. Tell them what is on your mind now. Tell them how much you love them and care for them now before it's too late. 

Living years. 

Every generation
Blames the one before
And all of their frustrations
Come beating on your door
I know that I'm a prisoner
To all my Father held so dear
I know that I'm a hostage
To all his hopes and fears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Oh, crumpled bits of paper
Filled with imperfect thought
Stilted conversations
I'm afraid that's all we've got
You say you just don't see it
He says it's perfect sense
You just can't get agreement
In this present tense
We all talk a different language
Talking in defence
Say it loud (say it loud), say it clear (oh say it clear)
You can listen as well as you hear
It's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
To admit we don't see eye to eye
So we open up a quarrel
Between the present and the past
We only sacrifice the future
It's the bitterness that lasts
So don't yield to the fortunes
You sometimes see as fate
It may have a new perspective
On a different day
And if you don't give up, and don't give in
You may just be okay
So say it loud, say it clear (oh say it clear)
Because it's too late, it's too late (it's too late) when we die (oh when we die)
I wasn't there that morning
When my Father passed away
I didn't get to tell him
All the things I had to say
I think I caught his spirit
Later that same year
I'm sure I heard his echo
In my baby's new born tears
I just wish I could have told him in the living years
Say it loud, say it clear (oh say it clear)
It's too late (it's too late) when we die (it's too late when we die)
So say it, say it, say it loud (say it loud)
Say it clear (come on say it clear)

Peace!

aaebc5560457018a0137723e51b592e8--special-friends-anatolian-shepherd.jpg

6ece1106346f25508bf47ccacdd59097.png

1afc6f61893b902c6365a82d3347594b.jpg

d8369ff6bdd1b0ceaa6c4f79d9c34e5c.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Song of the day - Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years - 

Happy Tuesday!

Thanks for sharing Hippie the song and your words of wisdom😁

Just a reminder to all you astronomy buffs out there the third and final Super moon will be showing Wednesday evening March 20th

image.png.06d9a4d5cfd15345913e901f611361d0.png

What is a supermoon?

Although not an astronomical term, a supermoon refers to when our satellite is at perigee, which is the closest it gets to Earth on its elliptical monthly orbit. Technically speaking, a supermoon can, and does, occur at any time of the month. Since the moon’s orbit is elliptical, there is always a point in its monthly cycle when it is closest to Earth. There's also a point when it's furthest away, called apogee, though the idea of a "micromoon" excites no-one. Culturally speaking, a supermoon is always when perigee coincides with a full moon (after all, a supermoon at New Moon is invisible). The difference between perigee and apogee is about 25,000 miles, which is about 10% of the average distance between the Earth and the Moon.

Consequently, a supermoon looks slightly bigger than a "normal" moon, but only by a few percents. You will only notice it if you watch the Super Worm Equinox Moon at moonrise in the east on March 20. Perigee actually occurs at 19:47 UTC on March 19.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...takes some time, before it's too late to...

...set you all on fire.

...takes a second pass at Clover, who was too damp to ignite the first time around.

Happy Monday, Kids!!!

You seem to be a day late. Dollar short, too?

Here, let me save you the trouble...

...sets self on fire

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.