Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

6 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Had to get up very early today, prepare a meeting and sh#t... When I went out I saw other people on the streets already. How do they do this, every day? Wonder if they also need 5 coffee before even leaving home in the morning?

On a normal work day, I get out of bed at 5:15 am and leave the house around 5:50 am.  I drink a regular sized coffee at the house while getting ready.  I fill up a huge 16-20 oz insulated car cup and stuff that in my backpack for later.  I then stop at Starbucks and pick up a large coffee with an extra shot in it.  First I drink the Starbucks, since that will get cold first, and then I pull out my car cup.  I'm usually finishing my coffee around 10:30 am.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

On a normal work day, I get out of bed at 5:15 am and leave the house around 5:50 am

There's nothing normal about that! ;)

I would really not be able to cope with those times. I'm not functioning properly before 8am

Yep. I'd rather be going to bed around the time Li'l is getting up for work.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

On a normal work day, I get out of bed at 5:15 am and leave the house around 5:50 am

I would really not be able to cope with those times. I'm not functioning properly before 8am

Yep. I'd rather be going to bed around the time Li'l is getting up for work.

I get up around 4:15am, leave the house around 7:30am. Busy mornings. Would rather be doing whatever Maddy does all night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Would rather be doing whatever Maddy does all night.

Are you sure? That sometimes entails standing at the eyepiece of a telescope in sub freezing temperatures, hoping to get just a glimpse of Jupiter's "Pretty Good Tan Spot" before it vanishes. "Great Red Spot" has always seemed an exaggeration to me. It could also mean driving through the warm summertime countryside in a Miata, wondering whether to come out of a 30 year retirement to make one last crop circle.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Are you sure? That sometimes entails standing at the eyepiece of a telescope in sub freezing temperatures, hoping to get just a glimpse of Jupiter's "Pretty Good Tan Spot" before it vanishes. "Great Red Spot" has always seemed an exaggeration to me. It could also mean driving through the warm summertime countryside in a Miata, wondering whether to come out of a 30 year retirement to make one last crop circle.

Ahh, the life of excitement!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I do get to leave work at 3:00 pm each day because of it, so that is a plus.  Also, working those hours keeps my commute outside of the prime morning and evening rush hour periods, which is what keeps my commute time down to roughly 30 minutes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

When I was working, that would have been about one step per minute as I headed from my bedroom to my lab in the basement. And there were mornings I moved about that fast.

I do much prefer the days when I work from home.  Then I get to sleep until 6:30 am.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I do much prefer the days when I work from home.  Then I get to sleep until 6:30 am.

I can work from home part of the week, but it's too small and busy there, so I go to the library, which is cool and quiet and has great wi-fi (and even wired connections if you know where to look).

• Like 3

image.png.a6233381adc6f3388b53e8f2696a7513.pngimage.png.2ff080b0016204d71b54270ba6fa4931.pngimage.png.c4d71bf7d1b56e1b61b34e5d92815f0f.png

Here we come
Walkin' down the street
We get the funniest looks from
Everyone we meet
Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
And people say we monkey around
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down

16 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

R.I.P. Peter Tork of the Monkees. 

Thanks for noting Hippie.  Friday reflections on The Monkees, 75 million records sold and a great two-year TV show.  Thanks for all the fun memories guys!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going to an Oscar-viewing party tonight. Maybe three years ago we went to the same couple's house for the same reason, and I know everyone who'll be there. It will be great for everything except watching the Oscars. One of the people who'll be there is a woman who shares my first name, but has an really loud voice and zero interest in anything on TV. Oh well, at least the the food and drinks will be good.

I like watching the red-carpet show, and I love the program itself.  I don't really care who wins.

I want to have a good time tonight, and I know the key will be giving up the show, which isn't a big deal. The people are more important.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

Going to an Oscar-viewing party tonight. Maybe three years ago we went to the same couple's house for the same reason, and I know everyone who'll be there. It will be great for everything except watching the Oscars. One of the people who'll be there is a woman who shares my first name, but has an really loud voice and zero interest in anything on TV. Oh well, at least the the food and drinks will be good.

I like watching the red-carpet show, and I love the program itself.  I don't really care who wins.

I want to have a good time tonight, and I know the key will be giving up the show, which isn't a big deal. The people are more important.

Wow, I was so wrong in how I imagined it was going to be. The loud woman wasn't there. Everybody who came actually wanted to see the Oscars, which also moved a lot faster this year, since they weren't slowed down by a host.  Lots of fun. Lots of wine. So many actors and actresses to ooh and aah over.

A lot of the fun of the Oscars for me is imagining myself there.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

Lots of fun. Lots of wine. So many actors and actresses to ooh and aah over

Lots of wine = lots of fun :)

To be honest, for myself, watching stuff like the Oscars really holds no attraction whatsoever. I mean I enjoy movies and series A LOT, but to me actors are still just ordinary people that just happen to have a job that entertains me, and when not appearing in a movie or series, they hold no extra entertainment value.

Anyway, Monday! Enjoy your coffee...

coffee.png

Edited by Zeta Vandyke
spelling
  • Like 5

During a visit to Home Depot over the weekend, I watched a crew removing snow from the roof with a crane. Recent rains were being trapped in the previously fluffy snow, threatening to reach the load limit. The foreman said his crews had been working overtime for the last week, running from near crisis to near crisis.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2