Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It seems a shame to drink root beer and then remove 90% of the taste by replacing the carbohydrate with fake sugar.  My doctor might approve of your choice, grudgingly, but if I am going to allow myself a root beer -- especially with ice cream -- I might as well have the whole experience.  Damn the torpedos.  Full speed ahead.

You probably wouldn't approve of my pizza either. I use a small high fiber tortilla as the crust (only 50 cals!), then layer on sauce, low fat mozzarella, basil, and veggies. The total calorie count is low enough that I can eat two!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You probably wouldn't approve of my pizza either. I use a small high fiber tortilla as the crust (only 50 cals!), then layer on sauce, low fat mozzarella, basil, and veggies. The total calorie count is low enough that I can eat two!

I make Keto pizzas out of many types of low carb crusts: almond flour, lavash bread, CarbQuik flour, cauliflower..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I make Keto pizzas out of many types of low carb crusts: almond flour, lavash bread, CarbQuik flour, cauliflower..

I've mostly been sworn off pizza too, sadly.  If I hadn't, though, I might be tempted to try your tortilla idea, Maddy.  Plus the veggies.  I draw the line at cauliflower pizza.  As much as I enjoy cauliflower, putting it on a pizza .... just ... isn't ... right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I draw the line at cauliflower pizza.  As much as I enjoy cauliflower, putting it on a pizza .... just ... isn't ... right.

Cauliflower doesn't work well with red sauce, but I've done Alfredo pizza on which it's fine. Peas and carrots work there as well, but I'd allow that the end result shouldn't be called pizza, and should be consumed with ginger ale.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've mostly been sworn off pizza too, sadly.  If I hadn't, though, I might be tempted to try your tortilla idea, Maddy.  Plus the veggies.  I draw the line at cauliflower pizza.  As much as I enjoy cauliflower, putting it on a pizza .... just ... isn't ... right.

Lol the crust is made of specially processed cauliflower. Seems like normal crust. They have it in the frozen section. A bit too high on carbs for me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I won't be trying it anytime soon! I'll stick to wine........😁

Smart lady.  Wine is my preference also. 

/me thinks some of these people are really messed up.  Not only do many of them like that root beer stuff, but they seem to have this thing for ruining pizza also.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

/me thinks some of these people are really messed up.  Not only do many of them like that root beer stuff, but they seem to have this thing for ruining pizza also.

Hey! :)

Not everyone who likes root beer ruins pizza.  I love a good pizza from a pizza parlor - not any of these strange crust / weird veggies ideas mentioned above.  Though root beer is the best thing to drink with a good combination pizza.  (whoops!  almost typed people instead of pizza)

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Hey! :)

Not everyone who likes root beer ruins pizza.

Pizza isn't ruined until you use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce. Dino's Pizza on the south side of Milwaukee does this, and it's wretched.

ETA: I just checked, and Dino's Pizza has gone out of business. Good riddance!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Pizza isn't ruined until you use BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce. Dino's Pizza on the south side of Milwaukee does this, and it's wretched.

Agree.  Sounds like Dino's Pizza got what they deserved.

Flatbread with chicken and BBQ sauce might be OK, but then that is not pizza, either.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 5:49 PM, Rolig Loon said:

It's like sarsparilla, only rootier.  And not beery.  :)

Birch beer hasn't been mentioned yet. It's made using herbal extracts and birch bark. It tastes somewhat like sarsaparilla and root beer. I suspect the similarity increased once manufacturers started using artificial flavoring.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Birch beer hasn't been mentioned yet. It's made using herbal extracts and birch bark. It tastes somewhat like sarsaparilla and root beer. I suspect the similarity increased once manufacturers started using artificial flavoring.

It's been awhile since I had any, but there are also Maple sodas,  ranging from sweet (carbonated, diluted syrup) to dry (carbonated sap).

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 10:35 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

But I like!! On the subject of pizza, in Texas they had “Pizza Rolls” at a majority of places. Approximately small croissant sized. But not here in Florida! 😿

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 4:07 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

...pushes you off a cliff.

(I am not a one trick devil.)

As long as there's a vineyard at the bottom Maddie👌........

Obviously I only take wine with food🍾🥂🍷......... Ok I like eating. 🤔🍽

My favourite non alcohol tipple is tonic (no gin)..........😌

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.