Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

2 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

All ready for thanksgiving?

Nope, but I don't have to be this year. Mom and I are driving "up nort" for Thanksgiving at my cousin's country cabin. I imagine everybody will sit around the house talking about how they'd be out snowmobiling if there was snow.

Meanwhile, I'll be repairing Mac's (my semi adopted, post adolescent jackass) microphone pre-amp, which stopped working when he tried to repair it because he thought it wasn't working. If you ever get a microphone that has a little battery box for "phantom power", make sure the battery isn't dead before you presume your stupidly expensive pre-amp has bit the dust. And if you don't check the battery, and then poke your screwdriver inside the pre-amp, hear "snap", and see sparks... don't call me.

And, to put whipped cream on the pumpkin pie (the only way I can eat that crap), I get to sleep on the living room floor in my sleeping bag next to Mac... who snores like a 2-cycle snowmobile. If he starts emitting smoke like one, I'm going to shoot him, skin him, and make sausage to give away at Christmas.

Happy Thanksgiving, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

We leave in about an hour for our two and a half-hour drive. We'll be staying in a motel we love in the same small beach town where my brother's house is. My sister and her husband are coming out from back East (in fact they've been there for a few days, in a vacation rental) and the youngest and our daughter-in-law is coming too, with the now year-old granddaughter. Four pairs of adults and one infant. We never talk politics. We also never stop talking. We all bring parts of dinner or make it there (my brother does the turkey on a Weber). We've been doing it that way for decades, literally. It should be no surprise that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There won't be any snow, either. Temps through Friday in the high-to-mid 70's, about ten to fifteen above normal.

It should be no surprise that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and the only one I really care about.

Happy Thanksgiving, all. Enjoy yours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING from northern Orlando.  

BTW - Traffic really sucks in this place; much worse than Denver  (which I always thought was horrid), though not as bad here as L.A. so i guess I should be grateful for that.

Drive carefully.  I agree. Los Angeles is much worse.  

Peace!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

We leave in about an hour for our two and a half-hour drive. We'll be staying in a motel we love in the same small beach town where my brother's house is. My sister and her husband are coming out from back East (in fact they've been there for a few days, in a vacation rental) and the youngest and our daughter-in-law is coming too, with the now year-old granddaughter. Four pairs of adults and one infant. We never talk politics. We also never stop talking. We all bring parts of dinner or make it there (my brother does the turkey on a Weber). We've been doing it that way for decades, literally. It should be no surprise that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There won't be any snow, either. Temps through Friday in the high-to-mid 70's, about ten to fifteen above normal.

It should be no surprise that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and the only one I really care about.

Happy Thanksgiving, all. Enjoy yours.

Have a great thanksgiving Dillon!

Peace!