Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/10/2017 at 8:21 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I logged in today and found a notecard in my inventory that thoroughly confused me - yes, I have auto-accept to On, so I often find all sorts of odd things sometimes.  Anyway, the notecard started out with this:

"C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s !
Your application has been successful and we would love for you to join Sad November 4."

It confused me because #1, I have no clue what "Sad November 4" is and #2, I never applied for anything, let alone that.  Someone must of goofed a bit when they pulled up a profile to send this to.  I did send them back an IM so that maybe whomever the notecard was intended for really will get it.

You've probably seen this, but: https://flairforevents.wixsite.com/secondlife/single-post/2017/09/21/Sad-November-4---Applications-OPEN

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

I hadn't seen that yet, but I did learn it was an event.  Actually, for the notecard that I got, apparently some creator had received that as acceptance to be in the event and she accidentally sent it out via her store subscriber, so a few folks got it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

What's with all this vacuum talk? Just make your peace with dirt and save the time and money for something important, like a root beer party.

When I got pregnant with my first child, I attended a Working Mother seminar.  One of the first things the lady said to us was "Adjust your tolerances for dust and dirt.  Get creative - you can write message to your children in the dust". I cracked up and loved it.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When I got pregnant with my first child, I attended a Working Mother seminar.  One of the first things the lady said to us was "Adjust your tolerances for dust and dirt.  Get creative - you can write message to your children in the dust". I cracked up and loved it.

There's an old joke along similar lines:

When your first child drops her pacifier on the floor, you sterilize it in boiling water before giving it back.
When your second child drops her pacifier on the floor, you rinse it under the tap before giving it back.
When your third child drops her pacifier on the floor, you have the dog lick it clean before giving it back.

There is evidence that our modern fetish for cleanliness has resulted in an increase in allergies and auto-immune disorders because children's immune systems don't get assaulted early in life. It could be that an idle immune system is the devil's workshop.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

21 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

There's an old joke along similar lines:

When your first child drops her pacifier on the floor, you sterilize it in boiling water before giving it back.
When your second child drops her pacifier on the floor, you rinse it under the tap before giving it back.
When your third child drops her pacifier on the floor, you have the dog lick it clean before giving it back.

There is evidence that our modern fetish for cleanliness has resulted in an increase in allergies and auto-immune disorders because children's immune systems don't get assaulted early in life. It could be that an idle immune system is the devil's workshop.

I remember George Carlin did a bit on germs and immune systems:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Friends are coming over tonight -- really good friends -- but we might have to go out and meet them to wander around town together before dinner.

Yeah, I love them like family and I'll be really happy once they're here, but I wish there was a way I could stay home alone until they come over.

I honestly think I'd be a nicer person in RL if I could spend more time in SL.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.