Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Nothing can compare to the hours upon hours I spent listening to my babies' cooing, splorting, squeaking, and wet little raspberries. Face to face, they with their words and me with mine. 

I visited my parents one evening nearly twenty four years ago while they were babysitting the neighbor's kid (my boarder, now twenty four). The baby made a raspberry and Dad immediately blew one back, startling him. We thought he might start crying, but he sucked it up and blew another one back at Dad. The next five minutes were a hilarious game of one-upmanship. Several times along the way there would be a pause as it appeared Dad had crossed the line and scared the little rascal. But noooooooo, he'd gather himself together and hurl it back with twice the gusto.

It's now more than two decades later, Dad is long gone and that li'l stinker (thanks for reminding me of that term-of-endearment, Tari) is worse than ever.

But, I am nothing if not my father's daughter. I'll not let anybody be worse than me.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Fixed an age error that made for a rather old baby, and other goof ups.
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I visited my parents one evening nearly twenty  years ago while they were babysitting the neighbor's kid (my boarder, now twenty four). The baby made a raspberry and Dad immediately blew one back, startling him. We thought he might start crying, but he sucked it up and blew another one back at Dad. The next five minutes were a hilarious game of one-upmanship. Several times along the way there would be pause as it appeared Dad had cross the line and scared the little rascal. But noooooooo, he'd gather himself together and hurl it back with twice the gusto.

It's now more than two decades later, Dad is long gone and that li'l stinker (thanks for reminding me of that term-of-endearment, Tari) is worse than ever.

But, I am nothing if not my father's daughter. I'll not let anybody be worse than me.

;-).

❤❤❤

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Waffles, twats, and bacon for breakfast

Had a good time this morning DJ-ing the Sunday Breakfast until someone thought it was cool to mock my beliefs and writing. So much for fellowship! Note to self, nihilist are people who don't realize they are already dead.

*hugs GoSpeed* I was not sure why the convo got so "deep", but I was back and forth with laundry so I didn't see all of it. I hope the rest of your day goes better!

• Like 5

15 hours ago, GoSpeed Racer said:

Waffles, twats, and bacon for breakfast

Had a good time this morning DJ-ing the Sunday Breakfast until someone thought it was cool to mock my beliefs and writing. So much for fellowship! Note to self, nihilist are people who don't realize they are already dead.

Oh dear. I did not see this happen. Send me an message and tell me about it.

Peace!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Ugh! Monday Monday Monday! Well have some root beer floats to make the day better! Go out there and set the world on fire!

Hippie, as conflicted as you must be, you're making a better Monday cheerleader than I ever was. Thank you so much!

Maybe it really is time to move on to a more neglected day of the week.

Happy Day Before Tuesday, Kids!!!

;-).

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Here I am in a tropical paradise. But Hippie still gets to see the sun rise before I do.

Are you really getting up early enough to see the run rise? Living on the west coast (of Lake Michigan), I've seen it rise over the lake countless times. That requires getting up at a time I'd rather be going to sleep. You're in a place where you can watch the sun set on the ocean while sipping from a coconut and listening to a Don Ho impersonator.

Act like a daughter, not a mom.

;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:52 PM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Nilssonists, on the other hand...

Now you've done it. You KNEW I'd have to go here.

I swear this just made me laugh. Again. I bet I've watched it 100 times. It's just so perfect.

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 4