Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

24 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I have tomorrow off Maddy. I hope you had a good weekend.

Yep, I had a good weekend. I invited some old friends over for a movie night on my patio, but I got the week wrong. So, I'm going to be eating leftovers for a few days, better leftovers than I usually have. And, when next weekend rolls around, preparing for my guests will seem old hat.

You?

• Like 5

Yes, great weekend. I walked in a parade, tossing candy to little kids and big kids alike. I watched a fireworks show.

I spent some dearly enjoyable time with friends in-world.

Today I'm spending with extended family. Tonight I'm going to a birthday dinner at a Thai restaurant.

I'm glad I have Monday off. I'll need it to recover from it all. 

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
Because I forgot a noun.
  • Like 4

The mosquitoes are biting at ten in the morning, the neighbor children are out screaming in the yard because one of them whacked a hornet's nest with a stick, and the coyotes have eaten yet another neighborhood pet. It's gonna be a wonderful week.

Thanks for the root beer float, Hippie! (It looks like you're drowning a a pair of vanilla eyeballs smoking a cigar).

Put down your sticks and have a wonderful, glorious, happy Monday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Hopefully you're not also scheduled to bring them home.

Oh yes, I am. I'll pick them up in the morning from the school at which they all gather each day, drive to the zoo, and drop them there.

There is no parking for buses at the zoo, so I'll take it to a cinema parking lot that is (usually) fairly empty early in the day (yes, this is an established routine). Then I'll be going back to the zoo, picking them up again, taking them back to their school, and then I get to take the bus back to its lot via a number of freeways. Blurgh.

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo.
   I do believe it, I do believe it's true.

But to be honest, I'd rather eat a shrew.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Thank you for putting these up LittleMe. It was a fun breakfast gathering.

Yw

2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Really hot temperatures are forecast here for this week. 105 and 107 for Wednesday and Thursday respectively. 

We are supposed to be unseasonably cool.  After unusually high temperatures a couple of weeks ago, our high this Thu is forecasted to be 70° F - it will feel like fall.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We are supposed to be unseasonably cool.

I've always thought you were pretty cool, but I'd never burden you with that expectation. And I've no idea how the seasons would affect that.

You just let me know who's making these demands on you and I'll set them on fire.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've always thought you were pretty cool, but I'd never burden you with that expectation. And I've no idea how the seasons would affect that.

You just let me know who's making these demands on you and I'll set them on fire.

I love how you constantly keep me chuckling.

• Like 2