Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

UGH.  My alarm normally goes off at 4:45 am.  This morning, at 4:22 am, we were startled awake by an extremely loud popping sound and both of the fans in our room turning off.  My husband and I crawled out of bed, me definitely not happy because while the brain is still very foggy, it is alert enough to know that there will be no coffee.  We stumbled downstairs in the dark and peeked outside at the block. It seems that just our side of our block and the side of the next block that backs up to us are the only houses dark. Well, since we had heard that loud popping sound, I grabbed the flashlight and looked at the power pole in our back yard.  Half way up the pole there are 3 raccoons hugging the pole and just above them, where the lines all come together, is a huge black burn-looking spot on the pole.  <sigh>

Well, no coffee; no shower - I do not shower well in pitch blackness - but luckily I do have some dry shampoo.  <grumble, grumble>   My husband and I toss some clothes on and manage to get the face washed and teeth brushed by flashlight.  We grabbed our stuff and headed out the door, about a half hour early for me.  I make a very quick beeline to the closest Starbucks, which is even on the direct route to work.  I not only got my normal latte, but also took in my large car coffee cup and had them fill that.

Something tells me it is going to be a very long day.

Oh dear! Sounds like a transformer blew. They make a glorious bang when they blow! Thank goodness for Starbucks huh?

Peace!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

You're setting a bad example for me, Mom.

But not as bad as Li'l.

Or Hippie, who also starts the day way too early.

Happy Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

... rolls over and goes back to sleep by counting beeping sheep.

Yep! We get the worm!

Peace!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Happy Saturday everyone!  Anyone experiencing problems on the SL Feeds?  Or is it just me?  Have a great weekend everyone!

Peace!

giphy.gif

Feeds have been dead two days, not only can I not post, but no one else has posted anything new.

• Like 4