Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hi Val and Hippie. Mom's not completely enjoying her convalesecnt stay with me. Although we think her fractured ankle will heal just fine, she seems wary of my cooking...

Mom

I thought it was common knowledge that chili is good for what ails ya.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

Your mother probably hasn't heard of putting chicken juice in chili  -- she's wise to be wary.

Happy almost Hump Day!

Hi Val and Hippie. Mom's not completely enjoying her convalesecnt stay with me. Although we think her fractured ankle will heal just fine, she seems wary of my cooking...

Mom

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

I'm sorry about your Mom Maddy, and i hope she gets better soon despite your cuisine...

Seems our elder ones tend to live dangerously lately. My Dad fell all the way down the stairs last night. Spent the whole night in hospital and came back with stitches all over the head. Not very aesthetic in my opinion since he has no hair anymore... :(

valerie Inshan wrote:

Mom

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

I'm sorry about your Mom Maddy, and i hope she gets better soon despite your cuisine...

Seems our elder ones tend to live dangerously lately. My Dad fell all the way down the stairs last night. Spent the whole night in hospital and came back with stitches all over the head. Not very aesthetic in my opinion since he has no hair anymore...
:(

Give your Dad a gentle hug and some chicken juice for me.

At 86, there's the worry that Mom's ankle won't heal quickly or well, but we're optimistic. She's driven over other traffic cones on life's road before and is in reasonably good spirits, but I can see this worries her. Our Summer road trip plans are on hold, so we're amusing ourselves by double hen-pecking our boarder. The poor fella's gonna be sooooo happy to head back to college.

;-).

Happy Wednesday, Kids!!!

Parhelion Palou wrote:

Mom

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

Your mother probably hasn't heard of putting chicken juice in chili  -- she's wise to be wary.

Happy almost Hump Day!

Keep this up and I'll cook for you, Par.

Hippie Bowman wrote:

OMG Val! I hope your dad is okay!

Peace!

Thanks Hippie. He's shocked, has bruises everywhere and very tired but OK. My parents were supposed to go down South of France this Friday but they had to postpone the trip until he completely recovers. 

Well anyway, today was so completely lousy in so many ways... Mom's best friend suddenly died of an embolism and I got fired from my job. I will join the crowd living with half a salary from the unemployment insurance. I'm not willing to cancel my vacation in July though. I'll see what comes up when I return. 

Oh, and also might just login SL and see why all of sudden my partner took off my rights to see him on the map. That would be the cherry on the cake. 

*sighs* oh, tomorrow will be another day... Hugs you all my dear friends. 

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Peace!

Thanks Hippie. He's shocked, has bruises everywhere and very tired but OK. My parents were supposed to go down South of France this Friday but they had to postpone the trip until he completely recovers. 

Well anyway, today was so completely lousy in so many ways... Mom's best friend suddenly died of an embolism and I got fired from my job. I will join the crowd living with half a salary from the unemployment insurance. I'm not willing to cancel my vacation in July though. I'll see what comes up when I return. 

Oh, and also might just login SL and see why all of sudden my partner took off my rights to see him on the map. That would be the cherry on the cake. 

Oh dear Val!  Hugs to your mom and dad.  Also extra hugs and love to you my dear friend!  Things can be so unfair.  Sigh!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning all!  Happy Thursday!  I wish I coulld get all the sick and injured in one place!  I would take good care!

Peace!

I'm sure you would, Hippie. But that would give me nothing to do.

Wait... that's not a bad thing!

I'll send Mom down via UPS.

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning all!  Happy Thursday!  I wish I coulld get all the sick and injured in one place!  I would take good care!

Peace!

I'm sure you would, Hippie. But that would give me nothing to do.

Wait... that's not a bad thing!

I'll send Mom down via UPS.

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

LOL Maddy! Now that's one brilliant idea! Hippie, can I send my Dad too? 

Hugs you both guys!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Peace!

You've been through worse and you're still here. People who say "The darkest hour is just before the dawn" have apparently never been outside. And people who say "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" are clearly not Franchophiles.

When life hands you lemons, make a French 75.

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 69 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.