Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Wow Val! Lucky you! I'm having to count my toes every morning!

coldcat.png

And this pic is actually no joke. On Monday night (coldest ever) we accidentally left poor Stewie out all night!

He was a stray before we took him in, so he's tough (and very fat)

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hippie Bowman

• valerie Inshan

• Madelaine McMasters

• DQ Darwin

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s final, they are mine! 

Okay, I abadoned my Lindenhome now, and opend up a ticket for the abandond land I want to own. Here's fingers crossed I did everything right. Can't wait! Woho! 

Happy Wednesday folks! Four years ago today I brought this little guy home and snapped this pic. More current ones with his brother.

Posted Images

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning Studio! Ahh! A fellow Floridian! Well it was 35F this morning here in the Tampa bay area! It promises to be a warm weekend though!

Peace!

If that's the high it's cold even for Tallahassee where I live.  It's supposed to wam up here in Va for the weekend too.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie, Maddy, Lia, Studio and all! Hope you're all safe and warm! Found this photo on a French newspaper's website today: you're not dreaming, this is Florida!!!! Warm hugs guys!

PHOe809f720-7915-11e3-b393-a90f69a04302-805x453.jpg

Citrus growers in Florida will sometimes spray misty water on their orchards when a light freeze is predicted to help prevent the fruit from freezing.  Looks like it got much colder than a light freeze.  Hope the cold weather is past by the time I get back home to northern Florida next week.  Of course that means I'll have to get off my lazy butt and start waking again. :smileyhappy:

Studio09 wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie, Maddy, Lia, Studio and all! Hope you're all safe and warm! Found this photo on a French newspaper's website today: you're not dreaming, this is Florida!!!! Warm hugs guys!

PHOe809f720-7915-11e3-b393-a90f69a04302-805x453.jpg

Citrus growers in Florida will sometimes spray misty water on their orchards when a light freeze is predicted to help prevent the fruit from freezing.  Looks like it got much colder than a light freeze.  Hope the cold weather is past by the time I get back home to northern Florida next week.  Of course that means I'll have to get off my lazy butt and start waking again. :smileyhappy:

That photograph reminds me of this series of shots from Hippie's home state of Michigan...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lapstrake/sets/72157639587631104/

Here's my favorite from the series...

Ice Chandeliers.jpg

Studio09 wrote:

Maddy those pictures are amazing. 

They are that, Studio.

I've lived on Lake Michigan all my life and I've never seen ice quite like that. But, if you wait long enough, the Lake will amaze you with something. A few years ago it froze out about a half mile. A nor'easter blew in around late February, broke the ice and pushed it into the beach in tilted stacks, like crackers pouring out of a saltines box. I crawled around on it for hours. Two days later it was all gone.

That same noreaster deposited snow on the eastern side of everything. Looking west from my barn, you could not tell where the trees ended and the sky started. I have never seen anything like it... not even close.