Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Snugs McMasters wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Keep both hands on the wheel, Hippie. That house probably drives like a Lincoln Town Car.

Hi Val and Lia!!!

Oh Lady had a town car.  She loved that car.  I though it was more like a tank.

Peace!

Then let Lady drive, Hippie. You just take a nap on the back seat. That will be safer.

I can't sleep with her driving!  Whew!  HEHEH!

Peace!

You must get some pointers from Maddy. She can sleep while she's driving.

LOL!

Peace!

Happy Saturday, Ms. Abbot,  Mr. Bowman and the rest of you Kids!!!

I'm off to the Wisconsin State Fair in a few minutes. If I appear listless at breakfast tomorrow, it'll be because I'm still digesting a chili cheese dog, a pickle on a stick, a cream puff and a root beer float.

Wish me luck ;-)

Sounds delicious Maddy. If only I knew what those things were. Do they do candy floss?

Lia Abbot wrote:

Happy Saturday, Ms. Abbot,  Mr. Bowman and the rest of you Kids!!!

I'm off to the Wisconsin State Fair in a few minutes. If I appear listless at breakfast tomorrow, it'll be because I'm still digesting a chili cheese dog, a pickle on a stick, a cream puff and a root beer float.

Wish me luck ;-)

Sounds delicious Maddy. If only I knew what those things were. Do they do candy floss?

It's all good, Lia.

A chili cheese dog consists of the cheapest skinny hotdog you can find (imagine a banger ground so fine and colored so pink you can't tell if it's meat or bubble gum) on a long white spongy wheat bun that has given up any aspirations of being actual bread, smothered under a pile of chopped raw onion, grated cheddar cheese (which Wisconsinites consider the only true cheese but you'd think unfit for baiting a mousetrap) and chili (a stew of onion, tomato, a mix of chilis and beans, perhaps some corn and yet another unidentifiable meat).

A pickle on a stick is usually a large cucumber pickled for the better part of a US presidential term in a salt brine containing garlic, dill and other spices and then impaled on what's left of the cheap wooden sticks that carried our handheld 4th of July flags only a month ago, before we accidentally set fire to the fabric while waving them along with our sparklers.

A cream puff is a heavy dollop of oversweetened whipped cream pressed between two halves of a sliced puff pastry that's so laden with butter you could treat a hippo or the entire women's (men's for you) Olympic beach volleyball team for sunburn by rubbing one on them.

Root beer is a sweet carbonated beverage made from a mix of Pepto-Bismol pink Canada mints and that dark brown water that you see in leaf filled puddles in the woods after a late autumn rain. A root beer float is made by filling a frosty mug to the top with root beer, then adding a generous scoop of real New York Vanilla ice-cream which is made in Kansas using artificial vanilla and unspecified milk byproducts.

And, if "candy floss" is that stuff that looks like Mrs. Slocum's hair and has the consistency of steel wool, yes they have it and it's called "cotton candy".

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hi Hippie! lol, love this pic, this is too cute!

76 years ago, the French discovered the paid vacation and it was the beginning of mass tourism. At that time, we all looked like this (berets included)
:D

6dd8c448-dfcb-11e1-b9e8-4a4c84b39ed9-493x328.jpg

Good morning Val!  Love that picture!  Have a great day!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.