Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning all!  Memorial day here in the states.  I found a poem to share.

They Did Their Share
On Veteran's Day we honor
Soldiers who protect our nation.
For their service as our warriors,
They deserve our admiration.
Some of them were drafted;
Some were volunteers;
For some it was just yesterday;
For some it's been many years;
In the jungle or the desert,
On land or on the sea,
They did whatever was assigned
To produce a victory.
Some came back; some didn't.
They defended us everywhere.
Some saw combat; some rode a desk;
All of them did their share.
No matter what the duty,
For low pay and little glory,
These soldiers gave up normal lives,
For duties mundane and gory.
Let every veteran be honored;
Don't let politics get in the way.
Without them, freedom would have died;
What they did, we can't repay.
We owe so much to them,
Who kept us safe from terror,
So when we see a uniform,
Let's say "thank you" to every wearer.
By Joanna Fuchs
Peace!

Hiya there! Lots of hugs coming home from my parents's this WE. Great news on Friday evening, Mom got a call from the hospital saying Dad would come out on Sunday: AND HE DID!!! YAY! He he still very tired but we were so happy to have him home and safe! Even our dog Gordon peeded of joy when he came home (Mom and I did not, LOL). Now we are working on the holidays planning. If all goes well, we will be together in the south of France from June 15 to 30 (right back in time for the midsummer party, Hippie!). :D

Sending lots of love and hugs and special thougths on this Memorial Day. I love you all!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hiya there! Lots of hugs coming home from my parents's this WE. Great news on Friday evening, Mom got a call from the hospital saying Dad would come out on Sunday: AND HE DID!!! YAY! He he still very tired but we were so happy to have him home and safe! Even our dog Gordon peeded of joy when he came home (Mom and I did not, LOL). Now we are working on the holidays planning. If all goes well, we will be together in the south of France from June 15 to 30 (right back in time for the midsummer party, Hippie!).
:D

Sending lots of love and hugs and special thougths on this Memorial Day. I love you all!

Oh that is good news Val!  YAY!  I am glad you and your Mom did not pee!  HEHEH!  Give Gordon a pet from me!  Love you Big time!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hiya there! Lots of hugs coming home from my parents's this WE. Great news on Friday evening, Mom got a call from the hospital saying Dad would come out on Sunday: AND HE DID!!! YAY! He he still very tired but we were so happy to have him home and safe! Even our dog Gordon peeded of joy when he came home (Mom and I did not, LOL). Now we are working on the holidays planning. If all goes well, we will be together in the south of France from June 15 to 30 (right back in time for the midsummer party, Hippie!).
:D

yay. good to hear val. and good morning to all. :)

Hippie Bowman wrote:

You people crack me up!  LOL!  Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

dancing cat.jpg

Peace!

What does it says about me/us that lolcats are so smile inducing? How many of us dressed up our childhood pets in silly costumes or put them in silly poses? And how many of us try to carry on the tradition with our friends here in SL?

It works for me!

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

You people crack me up!  LOL!  Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

dancing cat.jpg

Peace!

What does it says about me/us that lolcats are so smile inducing? How many of us dressed up our childhood pets in silly costumes or put them in silly poses? And how many of us try to carry on the tradition with our friends here in SL?

It works for me!

Hippie raises his had 3 times.  Oh yes.  There is just something about a little kitty, that goes straight to my smile!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.