Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I had forgotten all about that one, Maddy.  Thank you for reviving it.  🤣

You're welcome, Rolig!

Put a ponytail on that fella and remove all the pepper from his hair and you've got my father. It was a challenge to detect his nonsense and I love carrying on the tradition, as does Mac, who also loves this video. The two of us have started conversations in front of others that appear to be intense, even argumentative, yet are complete gibberish.

There isn't a complex thing in my house, which if you asked me to describe it in detail, wouldn't contain at least one semi-boloid slot or hydrocoptic marzelvane. When someone says "that sounds like you're making it up", I'll laugh and say "I know! That's exactly what I said when I first learned it in engineering school! And that earned a gentle rebuke from my professor, who'd actually studied under Dr. Loren Marzel."

As I'm sure you know, when someone calls your bluff, double down.

• Like 5

With hippiestock 9 coming this Saturday to Lagrange Point Spaceport in Second Life, I thought now to be a good time to talk a bit about hippies! 

We are stardust, we are golden,  
and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden.  
Joni Mitchell/Crosby Stills & Nash

What is a hippie.   A hippie is not just a look.  Your co worker or friend may be a hippie.   Eventhough he or she is properly dressed, shaven, and shorn.
When you think of a hippie your mind sees a long haired tye dye holes in jeans person.  Flowers and beads hemp dresses and all that you would associate with a hippie.  It is much more than that. To be a hippie you must have acceptance of other people's beliefs.  You strive for peace and freedom.  You are a dreamer. You help others and give freely of yourself. You are also deeply concerned about our planet and what it has become from human neglect and misuse. Just maybe you are a hippie too!

The following is a few excerpts from hipplanet.com.

'Man's shortsightedness is blinding him to the true nature of the world. Our interconnectedness and dependence upon the ecological balance of the planet as a whole has been lost ever since science and religion split long ago. Hippies seek to regain this awareness so we can act in accordance with the needs of the greater system, rather than be a severe burden upon it. It's our Dharma.'

'Freedom is shedding those false needs and finding one's true place in the greater scheme. Understanding the interdependence of life is seeing beyond the material illusion (Maya) and witnessing the dance of energy that is the true nature of the universe. This is called enlightenment.'

'Of course we know that a perfect planet is unrealistic. People come to this planet to work out their Karma. Human beings must live and learn by their mistakes. But we need to see examples of how to live in peace and harmony before we can change ourselves. Christ and Buddha were two such examples, and look at how many lives they influenced. Imagine what a whole nation of Bodhisattvas could do! This is our dream. To live in harmony with each other and our planet. How close we come to achieving it depends upon each person's willingness to change themselves. May we all see the light.

Peace!

Sikkensprize_HIPPIES-2-1-800x534-c-center.jpg

hipster-hippie_t658.jpg

198374-425x305-Hippie-styled-family.jpg

hippieinvasion.jpg

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

This is gonna be my Rezday party folks^^ though I might have a small get together at either my home or the hangout on Tuesday....or the following Sunday (21st - my late evening, SL noon-afternoon) as my RL birthday is 3 days after the rezday so party hardXD

My poor old bones - I cannot party 3 days anymore...

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Akasha Sternberg said:

This is gonna be my Rezday party folks^^ though I might have a small get together at either my home or the hangout on Tuesday....or the following Sunday (21st - my late evening, SL noon-afternoon) as my RL birthday is 3 days after the rezday so party hardXD

Happy Rezday!!!! Do many celebrate their rezdays with parties and such? What's your best one so far?

Edited by Musetta Fieschi
because extra words weirdly placed are unhelpful
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Musetta Fieschi said:

Do you many celebrate their rezdays with parties and such? What's your best one so far?

Any that I attended.  9_9

j/k

Some will have a rezday party every year; some only on certain milestones (5 yr, 10 yr); some never have a party.  I've attended a few, but never actually had one myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Musetta Fieschi said:

Happy Rezday!!!! Do many celebrate their rezdays with parties and such? What's your best one so far?

hehe it´s only on Saturday ;) Some actually do, yes and well the ones I was invited to so far were impossible to attend for me due to either my timezone or RL so I haven´t been to one...

• Like 3

image.png.c23836728a92665d8d8d99aca9aa7992.png  Happy Thursday Everyone!  Sometimes a smile says it all😁

A SMILE, WITH LIPS CURLED UP = “I'm happy." Many experts believe that dogs have learned to smile because they've seen humans do the same or because we reward them for doing so, Stilwell said. ... Woodard said the doggy smile is also known as a submissive grin, or a sign that your dog wants to appease you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.