Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hard to choose hot vs. cold.

I'd really like to just stay in the middle area - anywhere from 60 - 80 is good for me.  I can even handle short periods of temps a little bit on either side of my preference.  The older I get, the less I tolerate really cold or really hot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd really like to just stay in the middle area - anywhere from 60 - 80 is good for me.  I can even handle short periods of temps a little bit on either side of my preference.  The older I get, the less I tolerate really cold or really hot.

I'm 52. I'd still rather be too hot than too cold. Like you however, I prefer 60 - 80.

• Like 4

I'm 72.  I've never tolerated heat.  I start praying for snow in June.  I know that the factory is back ordered, so I won't get delivery till November, but it doesn't hurt to get my request in early.  I try to stay indoors until the leaves turn.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm 72.  I've never tolerated heat.  I start praying for snow in June.  I know that the factory is back ordered, so I won't get delivery till November, but it doesn't hurt to get my request in early.  I try to stay indoors until the leaves turn.  

Sis!

I can always put on more clothing to stay warm.

There's a limit to how much I can take off to stay cool before someone calls me "buttons".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

There's a limit to how much I can take off to stay cool before someone calls me "buttons".

Exactly!  Take off too much and you can't go outside anyway without startling the neighbors. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Sis!

One of the best gags in the groaner-horror comedy “Arnold” is when the constable says of one victim, “There was nothing left of him but his buttons!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Of course, people -- like my sister -- might point out that in cold weather some parts of our anatomy become more obvious so we can have a different "button" problem to deal with unless we cover up.  That's a good excuse for breaking out the sweaters, though.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Of course, people -- like my sister -- might point out that in cold weather some parts of our anatomy become more obvious so we can have a different "button" problem to deal with unless we cover up.  That's a good excuse for breaking out the sweaters, though.  :)

There’s alway the “sweater dickey”, for when you’re not all that cold.

7A8D44F2-0901-4EF6-8663-1A61C436155F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning good people! Happy Friday. Speaking of weather, it promises to get a bit cooler this week in Florida! Winter! Bring it on! I am ready. It has been a summer in hell this year.  I swear it is getting hotter every year here!

Peace!

ac17b5d9124fd9ac527b3cbef6ec944b.jpg

images (13).jpeg

48f67bb1e13574ae4071cea98565e01d.jpg

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 6

21 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

copshed.png?itok=lgfjovR_&resize=1100x11

Until I successfully lobbied for altered signage and a substantial reduction in the speed limit on the road in front of my house, it was a nice place for the police department to earn spending money catching speeders. I encouraged them to lay in wait at the end of my driveway, completely hidden from view by dense vegetation. That encouragement came in the form of donuts, soup in paper cups, slices of pizza, etc. It's good to have friends in high places.

Happy Tuesday, Kids!!!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

image.png.2bea7d34b478b542d46d973abce29c40.pngimage.png.19011b79af0edef2b3f7d16983ddc5a2.png

Prince Tuesday from Mister Rodgers Neighborhood wishes you all a wonderful day with this royal proclamation:

"Here Ye, Here Ye all commoners of SL, his royal majesty Prince Tuesday (and faithful hand servant Mister Rogers) wishes all Ye merry men, women, and furies, a happy and productive Tuesday!   As they say in the New World (America) "Have a good one."?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Forum Cartel Halloween party is Saturday, noon to midnight SLT, at The Hangout.  We still have a hosting slot open (greet folks and help w/ stream setup if there is a performer) from noon to 2:00 SLT - not sure if there is a performer for that time slot.  The signup doc is here: Party Host Signup -- You do not have to be signed in to Google to add your name.

(yes, I am posting the same thing in multiple spots - be nice and don't report me).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.