Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

I just have to make it through today and tomorrow. Then Rhonda is taking me out of town!!*

image.png.eee04b1fbbca2d32867994f944c80241.pngimage.png.ae3ca9981eefc6537489b4d705bd87b9.png

Happy Monday Forum Folks!  Notify the authorities Clover and Rhonda are taking a road trip:D  Have fun ladies!.......well not too much fun if you know what i meanB|

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I thought I'd check out the Amazon Prime Deals Day, but apparently all of the shoppers have blown up their system.  I can look at lots of items and add them to my cart, but I cannot check out.  Every attempt to do so results in an error page.  They are gonna have a hard time making money this way.

• Like 2

I had to force myself to stop staring trying to figure out the geology. Overlooking the beautiful way it's eroded (wind, looks like), the difference between the sides is very odd. The right has a much  deeper stratum of the dark rock. And the bizarre way it overlaps at the bottom of the vee makes no sense to me. What did that? A fault, maybe? I'd love to see the whole complex from a little farther away, at all angles.

• Like 1

It's just a trick of the camera angle.  The strata line up fine, but you're not looking a a flat field image, so perspective makes things above and below the center of the image look out of alignment. Those are quite possibly wind-blown sands, although I see only very mild cross-bedding so I can't be sure.  Places like that are fairly common in Canyonlands, Bryce, and that general area.  Ephemeral streams tend to cut steep-sided channels in a dry region.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another picture from the same place...

tumblr_p73ltmJk6b1r9164to2_1280.jpg

I got that from... http://maddieonthings.com/page/2

It looks like Antelope Canyon to me. We walked through there when I was a kid, and it provided one of many spiritual experiences that religion never did. I do see asymmetry in the surface texture of the crevasse walls, and I recall seeing the same thing in person, but noticing that the pitted side could flip when going around a corner. Dad theorized that eddy currents might have caused pitting with smoother walls from laminar flow, or maybe sunlight reaching into the crevasse during sub freezing weather popped little bits of sandstone out of the walls via thermal cycling. Our vacations were never so much about getting answers as generating questions.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

By 2022, Tennessee will have no tax on retirement income! They do, however, tax beer at $1.29/gallon.

NIce, since I won't be retiring until quite a while after that.  And I don't drink beer - I'm a wine or spirits gal.

• Like 3

image.png.7a7996cdfe9a2eeb54dc58703410deb5.pngimage.png.3d3fbf5bb23552971bdcd2ebd8761636.png

Hou's it gaun? (How's it going in Scottish) forum readers.  Aye. it be the opening round of The Open golf championship from Carnoustie Scotland.  Join me in a pint of ale and haggis as we enjoy the tournament  Guid cheerio the nau!  (Good bye):D

• Like 2

Oh boooy, my malt will never be finished at this point. Suggested days my applier request takes: 9-20 days, another notecard stated a maximum of 12 days, for some reason. I'm now on day 22. Didn't even get an answer on the notecard which I had a question about a missing applier for Sukubia.
/rant 

On the bright side; I went to play minigolf with some friends today, that was a lot of fun, even though I'm pretty terrible at it. But I managed to score a hole in one at the last hole.
And I didn't melt, despite the suns earnest efforts.

• Like 2

And I just got my appliers for both avatars. 

See, that always happens when I rant about stuff - the second I sent it, it get's resolved, because the universe likes it when I feel like an idiot. That, or the creator reads this forum. In that case: Please don't be mad, I still love your creations and it's just about venting. Please love me. ;_;

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

And I just got my appliers for both avatars. 

See, that always happens when I rant about stuff - the second I sent it, it get's resolved, because the universe likes it when I feel like an idiot. That, or the creator reads this forum. In that case: Please don't be mad, I still love your creations and it's just about venting. Please love me. ;_;

I call it "The power of complaining". A gentle slap for the universe to run a bit smoother.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.