Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The closest to a rootbeet float I've ever tried was a cola-float.

That kinda reminds me of a friend from Maine - we discussed foodstuffs, and what flavors we didn't know. I don't know what rootbeer tastes like, because you can't really get that here, and he never got to enjoy Woodruff, which is a damn shame, because delicious.

Also, nice kitchen, maddy. Don't blow it up yet.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I don't know what rootbeer tastes like,

Somewhat like sarsparilla or Moxie, either of which I prefer to root beer (which is too sweet for my taste).  Any of the three is great in a float, though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Somewhat like sarsparilla or Moxie, either of which I prefer to root beer (which is too sweet for my taste).  Any of the three is great in a float, though.

Okay, I never had either of those, but maybe they're a bit easier to come by here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I've had root beers of varying sweetness, as well as sarsaparillas, birch beers and cream sodas, but root beers probably are the sweetest of them all. I'm not attracted to the taste of root beer so much as the reaction I get by being a rabid fan of the stuff. Many of the things I like in life are simply the result of taking a contrary position. When I'm out with friends, I'll order root beer if they order beer, ginger ale if they order champagne or wine, and chocolate milk if they start drinking shots. Sometimes I push back, sometimes I go along to get along, and sometimes I simply get out.

ETA: I've put Moxie on my bucket list.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've put Moxie on my bucket list.

Excellent.  Moxie is an acquired taste, acquired by all true New Englanders. It's now also available in limited quantities in the Midwest, so my son no longer has to fill his trunk full of 12-packs when he drives to visit NH relatives.  It's the least sweet of the three I listed -- yes, I forgot about birch beer -- and the only one to enjoy its own identity as a description of moral character >>http://www.dictionary.com/browse/moxie

BTW, There are limits to being contrarian. A one-time friend of mine (fortunately one that I have not seen in years), once walked into a bar in Maine and ordered a beer float.  The bartender actually found some vanilla ice cream, and we all watched while our friend choked it down. Definitely a once only event.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Mommy!  My tummy HURTS!  O.o

I'm truly serious when I say I'm a contrarian. I was diagnosed with "oppositional disorder" by my pediatrician when I was five or so. Others said I was "difficult". Mom said I was precocious and Dad said I was a pain in the ass. The more Mom scolded me to wear a winter coat when playing in the snow, the more inclined I was to go without. Frostbite seemed a small price to pay for "being right". Dad was better able to get ahead of me, sometimes succeeding with reverse psychology. My odd culinary habits are the intended consequence of his saying "don't play with your food" while Mom shook her head.

ETA: The most truly disgusting thing I've ever sipped from a cup was cold coffee with creamer, which I'd mistaken for chocolate milk. Had I known what it was, I'd have been able to swallow it. Instead, I spewed it all over my brilliant white communion dress.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...crosses your path, waving her trusty trident...

5b495260bcebc_LilDevil2_001.jpg.317cfd0fb2dac6f505fb865ad1401a2c.jpg

are you pointing the way to the cake?

Edited by Clover Jinx
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.