Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got into work this morning and found just over 10,000 emails waiting for me -- all generated by a few jobs that decided to go haywire over the weekend.  I'm just now catching a breath.

Yay, Happy New Year to me.

I love my job.. I love my job.. I love my job.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I got into work this morning and found just over 10,000 emails waiting for me -- all generated by a few jobs that decided to go haywire over the weekend.  I'm just now catching a breath.

Yay, Happy New Year to me.

I love my job.. I love my job.. I love my job.........

Just keep saying that Lil.  And maybe click your heels together whilst you are saying it! Hugs!

Peace!

• Like 3

Good morning everyone! Happy peak of the week! It is been a very pleasant 12 days off for me, but today it's back to work.  Lady and I did get ourselves some nice "things" for Christmas. I bought some security cameras for the house and a fixed wing rc plane. (I will never grow up.) And I got Lady what she wanted. Some new living room furniture to replace the antiquated couches  that we had. (See picture) We bought 2 of them.  But when it comes  right down to it, it is not the "things" that really matter. Lady and I have each other. Both of us are still healthy.  We laugh and smile a lot. What more could I ask for? Huh? Well now it's time to make my bread to pay for the "things". Peace everyone! I love you All! Now back to work!

Peace!

20171228_130349.jpg

9274xe.jpg

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Good morning everyone! Happy peak of the week! It is been a very pleasant 12 days off for me, but today it's back to work.  Lady and I did get ourselves some nice "things" for Christmas. I bought some security cameras for the house and a fixed wing rc plane. (I will never grow up.) And I got Lady what she wanted. Some new living room furniture to replace the antiquated couches  that we had. (See picture) We bought 2 of them.  But when it comes  right down to it, it is not the "things" that really matter. Lady and I have each other. Both of us are still healthy.  We laugh and smile a lot. What more could I ask for? Huh? Well now it's time to make my bread to pay for the "things". Peace everyone! I love you All! Now back to work!

20171228_130349.jpg

Jeez, Hippie. You and Ladysue couldn't wait to get the damned sofa home before settling down for a couple beers? I'll guess you're the one who sits on the side of the sofa with a mixed drink in the armrest. Two-fisted drinking would explain why your new RC plane already needed its wing fixed.

...shakes her head.

Happy Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Jeez, Hippie. You and Ladysue couldn't wait to get the damned sofa home before settling down for a couple beers? I'll guess you're the one who sits on the side of the sofa with a mixed drink in the armrest. Two-fisted drinking would explain why your new RC plane already needed its wing fixed.

...shakes her head.

Happy Peak of the Week, Kids!!!

Lol! Here is the seaplane. It's called a tidewater seaplane rtf. And I have a pond in my community.  I just hope I don't crash it into a house or worse a person!

Peace!

• Like 1

Good morning all!  Happy Thursday!  Check out this awesome video.  A robotic Band!  Who needs people when there is this.  Well you do need people

as it took this guy 2 years to program the robots!  

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 3

If you like weird kitsch and you someday find yourself just west of Madison, WI with nothing to do, go visit "The House on the Rock". The house itself is interesting, but there's a museum at the bottom of the rock that contains many musical mechanical automatons. Here's my favorite...

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Good morning all!  Happy Thursday!  Check out this awesome video.  A robotic Band!  Who needs people when there is this.  Well you do need people

as it took this guy 2 years to program the robots!  

Well it's happy now! Thanks that video was just what I needed to pull me out of my slump, so awesome!

• Like 3

I've been in a funk for days, probably because work has just been such a pain this week.  Thus I've been listening/watching some of my favorite moody music videos.  Here's the latest that I've played multiple times tonight.  Not a band that I typically care for, but I love their version of this song.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

When I was young, I heard Doris Day sing Que Sera Sera. I love Doris Day, but the way she sang it sounded very, very wrong.

When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother
What will I be?
Will I be pretty?
Will I be rich?

That sounds like a plea for reassurance.

Here's what she said to me
Que Sera Sera
What will be, will be
The future's not ours to see
Que Sera Sera

What the hell kind of reassurance is that?! That's the kind of non answer I'd often get from Dad, followed by a wink when he knew I needed it. There was no wink in Doris Day's version, just glad-handing cluelessness.

A dozen years or so ago I stumbled across Pink Martini's version and it finally sounded right to me... so very, very right.

If you're going to shut down a plea for reassurance, sound like you know and care why you're doing it.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 65 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.