Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lia Abbot wrote:

You have a solar telescope Maddy? Wow! I didn't even know you could buy such things.

http://www.meade.com/product_pages/coronado/coronado.php

I have, for years, used a

on the front of my larger telescopes (I have an 8" and a 12"), but those just dim the Sun to safe brightness. You can see some structure (like an orange peel texture) on the Sun's surface, but tenuous coronal detail (all the pretty stuff around the edges) is lost in the glare.

The solar telescopes described above filter out all but one wavelength of light, that of hydrogen plasma's first (alpha) emission line. Solar flares (the loopy things that jump off the surface and are part of the solar corona) are substantially hydrogen plasma, so looking at the particular wavelength of light (which is orange/red) shows you structure there, without passing the intense white light of the sun's surface which comes from the incandescent glow of numerous heavier elements synthesized in the Sun's core.

ETA: You can condense all I said into "Yes, you can buy such things and they're neat!"

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie and all! Now that's one lousy Monday, my water tank broke over the night. :smileysad: Woke up with a flooded apartment. So no work today, i'm waiting for help and a replacement. Ohmy, all the cleaning I will have to do!!!

Wet loving hugs to all!

23cc92d7e36075450de250a1771f56e4.jpeg

OMG VAL!  I wish I could be there to help you!  Sigh!  I hope you get it sorted out fast!  Hugs!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning all!  I hope you water problem is fixed Val!  Happy Tuesday!

Peace!

Yes, problem fixed but I had to spend 4 hours cleaning my kitchen! That's why I love my SL home so much: that kind of things never happen! :smileyhappy:

Link of the day (open your eyes and ears, relax, and all you have to do is GET HIGH!!!)

Raining Loops on the Sun

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?collection_id=15504&media_id=159752531

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Good morning all!  I hope you water problem is fixed Val!  Happy Tuesday!

Peace!

Yes, problem fixed but I had to spend 4 hours cleaning my kitchen! That's why I love my SL home so much: that kind of things never happen! :smileyhappy:

Link of the day (open your eyes and ears, relax, and all you have to do is GET HIGH!!!)

Raining Loops on the Sun

WOW great video!  I am glad too that you are out of the water!  Hugs!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Good morning Hippie and all dear friends! Happy hump day! Oh, as a side note, my breakfast on March 31st will be an Easter breakfast. Working on the eggs and other Easter stuff already.
:P:D

cat-lays-easter-eggs.jpg

Morning Val!  Looking forward to your breakfast!  I have some great Stones songs lined up for you too as you requested!  Love and hugs to ya!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Morning Val!  Looking forward to your breakfast!  I have some great Stones songs lined up for you too as you requested!  Love and hugs to ya!

Peace!

YAY, thank you man! YOU ROCK!!! Love ya!

Paques.jpg

Love ya too Val!  It will be a great breakfast!  Good morning all!  Happy thursday!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.