Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:14 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I worked for a company once where there was a manager meeting every Monday morning and the agenda was to schedule the week's meetings.  I truly had no words when I learned that.

A great way to make regular Monday meetings worse is to SOMETIMES provide breakfast but NEVER to announce ahead of time whether breakfast will be there or no.

I worked for a company once that had a meeting every Monday that lasted until noon. Everyone in my section had to be there, but the meeting was really for the managers. The rest of us used to take seats against the wall - the lucky ones could sleep without their heads dropping; the less fortunate passed three hours of being woken by their head falling forward.

When I left the company they insisted on giving me an exit interview, and the last question was "What would I change at the company if I could?" So I said, "Let everyone who is not a manager skip the Monday meeting." The guy was really astonished that I'd say that, but then they went and did it! If I knew they were amenable to suggestions, I would have asked the second week.

sleep.jpg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Halo Minoptra said:

the lucky ones could sleep without their heads dropping; the less fortunate passed three hours of being woken by their head falling forward

I'm so dreading that tonight... Having a meeting with the association of local business owners in our region (don't know the English term for those kinda organizations). There will be one guy speaking that will be quite interesting, but they always have people starting from local government, insurance or financial companies and such who are utterly boring people with even more boring topics. Will not be the first time I do the head bobbing act during my struggle to stay awake, which is probably not considered very professional :)

Been drinking double the coffee today as I normally do, hope it helps!

Anyway, happy Thursday!

shhh-if-you-be-really-quiet-i-think-youll-be-able-to-hear-friday-coming-its-almost-here-1dbeb.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Josephine Carissa said:

i brought some special root beer for Maddy : )

Happy Thursday Everyone!  Steals one of Maddy's Pure Can Sugar Root Beers (Burp)  Thank you Josephine😁

Still have a lot of snow on the ground but guess who's back in town........yay Spring!

image.png.bbf0b0007a0c61cacc54498fb52a4fd5.pngimage.png.34f0716a84b88bee0887b4c02fcb5d96.pngimage.png.8df20b8384751f34fe92b8473b0914a5.png

• Like 4

Here's a funny thing.

I never drink coffee at home. Ever. At home it's tea with a square of dark choc, at least 80%.......🍵🍫

BUT, when I was locked up in an office full of boredom, I drank lots of coffee, usually with a triple choc muffin, every week day........

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I drank lots of coffee, usually with a triple choc muffin, every week day

image.png.2e4b88dd947534c938e8eb872ff8bcfb.pngimage.png.663371820fc1198ea4ee6505f8ab0a46.pngimage.png.c061a9a48b3f59a96362cc4f8432bef9.png

Happy Friday All!  I can so relate to what you are saying Belinda!  I'm on my third cup of the day at work already and definitely feeling the buzz😁    The triple chocolate muffin reference got me thinking about this profound statement:

image.png.0875be7c090cb6d8c3ff4b9620bd924f.png

• Like 4

Somewhere last week I decided to change my daily working schedule, starting 30 minutes earlier, go on 30 minutes longer. That way skip some evening/weekend work. All made a lot of sense. Now at day one of the new schedule, I wonder how it seemed like a good idea to have to wake up 30 minutes earlier...

39ce09ab75854e4489f732d34502d805.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy Day after April Fools Day!

How could i have forgotten this age old day of tomfoolery and skulduggery!   Here are a few great pranks through the ages to enjoy:

image.png.434a821228b39ab1b1adc0698e293cfa.png 

The Taco Bell Corporation took out a full-page ad that appeared in six major newspapers announcing it had bought the Liberty Bell and was renaming it the Taco Liberty Bell.

image.png.ad2e6a807556968011e1490b9c0f24b5.png

The Great Comic Strip Switcheroonie

Garfield hangs out with Blondie!

Nixon for President

image.png.5cb612e94953808555a10061d2bfcd91.png

April 1, 1992: National Public Radio's Talk of the Nation revealed that Richard Nixon, in a surprise move, was running for President again. His new campaign slogan was, "I didn't do anything wrong, and I won't do it again."

image.png

• Like 3

On 4/6/2019 at 3:13 AM, Pirithous Decosta said:

hi all havent been in SL world recently but love chatting with people and would like to make some new friends :) also in RL im from Florida which is nice and toasty 

Welcome Pirithous Decosta to the cozy fire. I live in Florida too (Tampa bay area)  and yes it is warming up!

Good morning fun seakers! I hope you had a great weekend! Now it's Monday. Back to work!

Peace!

df7122d18b94b3ea772c6bcfcb17ddc2.jpg

609b213bef61114a8a2320f65003b69b.jpg

acceptance-doesnt-mean-resignation-it-means-understanding-that-something-is-what-it-is-and-that-theres-got-to-be-a-way-through-it-quote-1 (1).jpg

omgcoffee_original.jpg

• Like 3

It's so weird. It is Monday, but somehow if feels like a great day so far! Sunny, no (truly) annoying people, work gets done, great songs on the radio. It feels like a Friday, only on Monday! Might be disappointed tomorrow though when it's not Saturday...

download.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

It feels like a Friday, only on Monday!

Thank you Zeta for that positive feeling on a Monday!

image.png.83e9993608772ac13bc489019668dc28.png

Even though a possible snowstorm (blizzard, yikes) is heading this way I am going to follow your excellent example and think positively today😁

image.png.c8b0374df7671484f0f9f1bc9c277922.png   Which reminds me need to make my dental cleaning appointment soon!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.