Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning everyone! Happy Holidays and Happy Friday! For those of us here in the states, I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving, and that you are happy and safe! This will be my last post until this coming Thursday, as LadySue And I are off on a cruise to the Caribbean on the cruise ship Paradise. Love you all!

Peace!

Paradise.jpg

• Like 5

Reporting in for post 501 *gives GoSpeed a snappy salute*. Thanksgiving was terrific in the mild but deeply satisfying way it so frequently is. The funny thing is that the only person there who won't really remember it is the just over a year-old granddaughter who was having the time of her life running around the room before dinner, bumping into everyone's knees and getting hugs from time to time while charming the socks off everyone. Three hours and she never stopped smiling, laughing, not quite but almost talking, some of the almost words sounding oh so close. Never even looked upset in all that time, much less did any crying. She finally fell asleep in her high chair at dinner (after finishing same) thus staking her claim right and proper to be  a faithful follower of all the hallowed traditions of Thanksgiving ;-).

Happy Friday to all, and to all a good nap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Happy Friday to all, and to all a good nap.

I love the story, Dil. Mom and I had a pretty good time. Mac snored, but didn't vent any smoke. That special feat was pulled off by the family dog who meandered around the campfire puffing vapor from both ends. There was some concern about her getting too close to the fire and spontaneously combusting, but that didn't come from me.

On the way home in the dark, the car ahead of us hit a deer, which fairly exploded. The car ran off into the ditch and we ran over the carcass. We called 911 to assist the other car (everybody was fine) and went on our way. I'll look under the car tomorrow, after taking it for an underbody wash.

It's not Thanksgiving in Wisconsin without the risk or the actuality of an exploding animal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Reporting in for post 501 *gives GoSpeed a snappy salute*.

500 'pages', not 'posts -- not sure how many posts it is.

ETA - According to the thread list page, my reply was #  12,481     

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

500 'pages', not 'posts -- not sure how many posts it is.

ETA - According to the thread list page, my reply was #  12,481     

Yeah, I realized that was what GoSpeed said after I posted, but I was hoping nobody would notice, or maybe just notice quietly and cut me some slack. But no-o-o-o. You people are so mean. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have another Thanksgiving dinner to go to at hubby's parent's place today. I'm not complaining as I've had a nice long weekend that began Tuesday afternoon. I've just finished making curried cubed acorn squash and garnet yams simmered with onions, garlic, pepper and panch phoran. A few weeks ago I went to a friend's orchard and collected a bucket full of hazelnuts. I've shelled and roasted a bunch of those to chop up as a topping for the vegetables. My brother-in-law will be there with his girlfriend. She makes the most awesomest mashed potatoes.

So yeah, I'll take Sunday to recover.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Yeah, I realized that was what GoSpeed said after I posted, but I was hoping nobody would notice, or maybe just notice quietly and cut me some slack. But no-o-o-o. You people are so mean. ;-)

Tis okay - we all still love you anyway.  9_9

4 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Hello Everyone,

Since it sounds like everyone has had a busy and exciting last few days....i'm thinking its time for everyone to relax. 

Have a great weekend : )

Kindest Regards,

Josephine

RELAXING FIREPLACE.jpg

Have the people who once wore those boots gone up in smoke? Or am I just being excessively wishful?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Have the people who once wore those boots gone up in smoke? Or am I just being excessively wishful?

Those boots are all that remains of the one time Santa tried to crawl down a lit fireplace....

giphy.gif

...and thus was the annual "Burning Santa" gathering founded.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Back home in Colorado.  The good part of that is that I am no longer dripping in sweat just from existing and I'm no longer in extreme fear of my life from those crazy Florida drivers.  The bad part is that I have to go back to work tomorrow - and the temps are only in the mid 50s.   Ugh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 71 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.