Sign in to follow this  
lolashwrites

Stuck at Initializing Texture Cache - Was working great right before restart for updates

This is kind of frustrating. I have a great computer, optimal for gaming, and it was working perfectly. Until I restart it for anti-virus updates today like I do basically every week. After it turns back on I go to start up Firestorm Viewer and, oh look, it's stuck at "Initializing Texture Cache" at which point it becomes unresponsive. So ok, I try Second Life Viewer. Same thing. And it was working fine right before the update.

So...this is where you guys come in. What do I do?? I've heard of the clean re-install. Yeah ok I'll try that but it doesn't seem to work on a lot of people and I had this issue before with my old laptop and it didn't work then, so I don't have a lot of faith in that. Any other suggestions?

I also tried deleting everything in the texture cache.

Computer Specs:

ASUS G750J with Intel Quad Core i7, 16GB RAM, Windows 8, AVG Anti-virus and Nvidia GeForceGTX 765M

Cancel this. 

For anyone with this similar issue:

I did a clean re-install by uninstalling both Firestorm Viewer and Second Life Viewer and any associated folders on my hard drive. While doing that, I also updated the driver for my graphics card online. I then re-installed Firestorm Viewer and at first it did freeze on Initializing Texture Cache again but it proceeded to open the viewer which allowed me to log on.

I'm not quite sure which one made it work but that's what I did and it worked for me.