Sign in to follow this  
TearsFromtheMoon

Looking for Fantasy and Fantasy-Sci-fi SIMs with Flexability

When it comes to Roleplay SIMs I feel like I'm looking for a needle in a haystack. My partner and I would like an environment as I described in the title that is either Fantasy or possibly a combination of Fantasy/Sci-fi. We are both Veteran Roleplayers and Roleplay at a decent steady pace. If you know anything about City of Heroes, you might understand the type of "Fast-paced" environment it sort of had. That is what we are used to. A SIM that is pretty flexible and open to it's Roleplayers and the kinds of beings that they would/can create within it is what we would like. I am also a Roleplayer who strongly believes in the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Silly) method for my Roleplay as does my partner.

By flexible I mean a fair amount of freedom where neither one of us will feel overly restricted. I know some Roleplay SIMs I have come across have made me feel rather "limited" because of the type of creatures/beings I do enjoy Roleplaying.

Neither one of us is interested in the "Gor" universe so you can scratch that off. No Fantasy Rape SIMs or anything super crazy, kinky, fetish specific like that. In other words, those can't be the soul focus of the Roleplay SIM. If it has a bit more substance to it, we may be interested.

Fantasy beings such as Faeries, Fae, Elves, Dragons, etc is a plus for a SIM for us as is Magic.

If you aren't sure about a suggestion you may have, go ahead and post it and I'll research/investigate it. :) Any landmarks or names of places I might check out would be appreciated.

I have already checked out Realms of Mystara and while I do like it and its overall atmosphere, I'm not sure it's where we belong. Any suggestions would be and are much appreciated. Thank you for your time and assistance. :3

Also, does anyone happen to know if there is a "Shadowrun"-esque type SIM out there? I'd be very interested if there is. :D Thanks again.

OMG I loved City of Heroes. I can't wait for the new City of Titans to roll out!

Anyway, to actually answer your question: There's a new Mass Effect sim for the Citadel that's pretty amazing and there's also Stonehelm which is more fantasy. There are many many others out there, but these two have really impressed me so far.

Haha! Nice to meet another possible fellow CoX Veteran. :D I'm actually wanting to see City of Titans myself as it looks the most promising, but there have been other reincarnations and I think one is already out. Not sure which one though. Thank you for the suggestions Karluin, I'll look into them when I get a chance. I'm not a mega Mass Effect type girl but I do enjoy the storyline and the gameplay some what so it's definitely a consideration so far as the other type of SIM you mentioned goes. Thank you again very much. :)

Once upon a time, I was Starr-Flare, Strikeforce SG on Guardian server

I roleplay a lot in SL, but mainly its been Modern. Scifi and Post-Apocalyptic RP

I've tried a couple of Supers RP sims, but the villain shortage generally handicaps RP there.  Thats fixable though.

Anyway, I'll send you a PM and I'd like to meet up in SL.  I also know a couple of other orphan CoH players here in SL, maybe we could network and bring a group to one of the SL RP sims where we already have connections to RP with?

Josie,

I think that's a fine idea. That actually might be cool. I know there is a group specifically in SL for CoH Orphans but the activity and active community was very lack-luster. I actually started on "Virtue" server. Not really sure how or why, but that was the server my brother had picked (I started out on his account before I got my own). I was the only active "Moonlight Sonata" I ever saw running around despite someone had already taken the name (probably to save it for later). So I had to spell it funny. ;) My handle started out as gwendolynndedanaan I think and eventually got changed to, I think, TearsFromtheMoon (now my SL name).

I haven't RPed in any Super type SIMS yet if at all. To be honest, the super-hero scene was not really my type of universe until I discovered what kind of environment I was in when it came to CoH and the almost infinite possibilities of what I could be. Not to mention, it was the first MMO I ever discovered actual Roleplay taking place and someone was kind enough to show me the ropes and the Roleplay "Hot-spot" when I was a wee newblit. hehe Even got invited to a Supergroup my first day and that was a pretty funny story I have that I cherish. :)

I got your PM and I think meeting up sometime would be a fine idea. :) The networking idea might be something to think about definitely. Perhaps we can liven up the dead group or even see about a new one, who knows. *shrugs* Give it time and take one step at a time. See how things go. :)