Alpha Hud Question

King Mowadeng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you familiar with mesh clothing? If so, you know that you wear an alpha mask with the garment. If you don't wear an alpha mask, parts of your body will show through the garment.

The mesh body is worn over your standard SL body. The alpha masks sold with clothes will not work with it. What you do instead, is clicking and creating your own mask on the mesh body. If you don't have an alpha HUD, all the clothing you already own is not wearable. 

Edited to add: This blogpost shows what I mean.. a man wearing a pair of jeans without an alpha HUD. http://meshbodyaddicts.com/2014/12/26/a-mesh-body-for-men-a-hit-or-a-miss/

• Like 1

Another thing to add: The two tattoo layers is going to give the user a lot of problems. As an TMP Deluxe user (Both on this avatar, another on a second avatar, plus Belleza, Physique and Maitreya) the alpha glitch makes it impossible to wear two tattoos the same time. Other mesh bodies does not have these glitches always (They occur from time to time, it is a SL glitch). It would be more customerfriendly to sell the Deluxe body with 2 clothing layers and one tattoo layer.

It is also said that the Deluxe body has more skin options. My male alt picked up the free one first, then the Deluxe. I have not found more skins. Take the body hair, it is only one option, very hard shaded, nothing useful for fairhaired avatars or avatars who prefer some hair, but not that much. The free version had three muscular options too.

I can afford to pick up this body because it looks great and other designers are far behind. They are assuming that male avatars does not shop. I think both females with male alts and men are sick and tired of the lumpy, ugly default body. At the same time, they do not want to be clones and need to mix and match. A skin from one designer, beard from another, hairbases that match the hair.

TMP at least offer an alternative, and they do a good job. It could be better, but as long as they are not challenged, they can sit back and rake in money. It is already made many tattoos and two other skin designers is selling installers for TMP. No avatar component business should ignore the male mesh body market and the possibilities. The later they put out their products, the better they have to be if they shall take a share of the money. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.