Need help with scripting issue - paging staff of group for private membership

Rhiannon Colclough

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am totally willing to pay for this if it can be done...I am only a very beginning scriptor and can't seem to wrap my head around this.  I am a staff member of a club with private membership.  You have to be a member of the group to get into the club.  Staff members are supposed to watch for people tp'ing in and offer them memberships.  But if anyone has worked in a club, you know how hectic it can get.  i was thinking, to make our jobs easier, it would be nice to have a prim with a script in it that when the prim is clicked the script will detect if someone is a member of the club and if not, page any online staff (from the staff group membership) within 120 m of the prim so the staff can give them membership.  This avoids people being overlooked if they want memberships and also avoids people feeling hassled if they don't want a membership! (Our club is right next door to another club).  I want to donate this to the club to make my and my sister staff members' lives easier!  Can anyone help?

1 answer to this question

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell the difference between a non-member and a member who is not wearing the group tag.  The best you can do is to use llGetAgentList to get a list of all avs in your club and then use llSameGroup tell whether each av in the list is wearing your group's tag. If a person is NOT wearing the tag, then send a message that says, "I see you're not wearing our tag. Would you like to join the group?"  You'd have to repeat the exercise every couple of minutes to catch any new arrivals, and you'd have to do some filtering to keep from spamming people who have already answered YES or NO.  It's not exactly what you were hoping to do, but it's a way of mechanizing what your staff host is doing "manually" now.

Now, if you simply want to make a box that a club patron can click if she wants to join, that's easy.  It's exactly what shops do when they want to give you an easy way to join their group. There are scripts that do that all over the place.  Here's one >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Open_Group_Join

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.