Hi, what is this forum for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This sad, lonely forum doesn't even have a post in it.

It's just barely possible that "Release" isn't the best possible name for the forum, unless it's where you're supposed to go when you need to release some steam, which seems rather unlikely.

Presumably it's about either releases of the viewer or releases of the server.  In either case a better title would be a good idea.

It's for details, and discussion of, the weekly server updates.  The equivalent on the old blogrums was 'Server Deployments'.  In the absence of the forums these last two weeks Oskar Linden has been posting the changes here.

Ideally there should also be a 'Grid problems' forum for people to discuss if problems are occurring, and thus help create JIRAs and alert LL of problems.

We have only just finished the upgrade to this new system. I appreciate your patience. Contrary to popular belief I post a lot of information and host many opportunities for idea exchange. You are welcome to join the group "Second Life Beta" in-world and attend my weekly usergroup:

- https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Server_Beta_User_Group

__Oskar

sunshine Juneberry wrote:

I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this,

How do i start a post??? I'm trying to get help with a crashing problem, but for the life of me i cant figure out how to post a new thread to ask for help.

Go to http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums/ct-p/Forums and select an appropriate forum (I have requested that a 'bugs/problems' one be created but for now I suggest you use 'Viewer 2' if you are using that viewer.  When you open that forum you should see all the posts and a green box near the upper right with 'Start a Thread' in it - click on that.

@ Oskar

So, if I read what you enter correctly, THIS is where the Weekly Restart information is to be posted?

Bleating that "we've only just finished" after 2 whole weeks is not confidence-inspiring.  You should have been up and running as soon as the system went live!

Some, nay most, of us do not have the time to join in-world groups or attend in-world meetings to get news of Grid Rolls, that is simply not practicable.  Kindly remember that we do not all live in the USA, let alone on the West Coast, so timing can be and usually is an issue.

Now I wonder....if I bookmark this page, will I find info on upcoming Rolls posted here?  Oh, and while I remember, will you tell the elf that prepares the Grid Status page how to post  hyperlinks please?:womanindifferent:

@ Qwaliphy

So, despite it being a thread labelled "Release", release info won't be posted here...that is some sort of twisted LL logic, Yes?

And Oskar provides lots of info, does he?  Where?  IMHO the whiteboard on its own does not qualify as "lots".

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.