Is the "kudos" functionality turned on yet?

Joshooah Lovenkraft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just tried to give "kudos" to Void Singer for this post in the Scripting Library forum but got a "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested" error.  I've read the Kudos FAQ and I suspect it hasn't been turned on yet.  If it's going to be active anywhere, I think the Scripting Library would be a great place for it, given that folks like Void do so much work to add value to the content creation community.

11 answers to this question

Cerise Sorbet's profile page contains a Kudos score of 1. I was trying to give Void kudos for a different post, the lsl syntax colouring, getting the same error you have. Don't know if that Kudos score suggests that it could rely on the thread owner or if it's just a lucky 1.

::blushes:: thanks guys...

I think the system IS active, but you need to have a certain user level to give them out, which, I think might be related to the number of solutions provided (confirmend: need to be at least "resident" status)

I do note that the FAQ says it's active for SL ANSWERS (although I don't see the option here myself), so we may not be able to give them for forum posts, or those may be limited to OP's (as noted in the FAQ, we won't know till someone with that rank can report on the effort

I know I've tried to give out kudos too, and failed, but obviously Cerise has received at least one, so it's working somewhere

ok, thanks for that info, void. that's interesting to know. i went by what lexie posted only a few minutes before joshooah's post, but apparently she's not updated either then i guess :D where to give kudos? i see see no buttons or thread/post options for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.