Sign in to follow this  
Teflonhotpocket

Mesh riggings, gaps on upload.

the first image is most probably due to a bug in the SL Importer. I can see these holes as well, but after i imported to SL all is well again. This issue happens for me only with fitted mesh.

The second issue might be due to the viewer that you used for importing. If you used the fitted mesh character from the wiki and you used the SL Importer from the default viewer, then this issue should not happen.

At least not when you also have used blender to create the collada file and if you have used the Exporter presets for Second Life Rigged Mesh...

I'm using the SL viewer currently. Also it might not be clear in the screen shots I chose, but the parts that get distorted in the second image are the exact gaps from the uploader screen.

heres the upload settings I have marked:

http://i.imgur.com/fPz7KmI.png

Edit: Okay.... So I've messed around with the viewer settings and something odd is happening... Apparently if I adjust the settings in any way it seems to fix the problem. the distorting only seems to happen when the graphics settings to "Mid" but if I change anything at all it fixes it. Should I trust this though or will it still be deformed to others?

Edit: Edit: So I've narrowed it down a fit farther, and it has something to do with the shaders, but it seems completely random, since sometimes with the same settings it will either work or not work... I'm just not sure what to do about this though because if it has something to do with the dae file then I dont want to uplaod a mesh that might be messed up for someone else.