Problem registering

Catty Katana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to make a new account but when i filled in all the information and clicked create account it said something like "Registering is not available at this time. Please try again later" I tryed to log in anyway but it didnt work. So I tryed to make my account again but it said the name was taken. I know its not because someone else took it because I type the name into people search and get no results also into the password recovery and it says "We could not find the Second Life name you entered. Please check the spelling and try again." Can someone please help me?  I don't want another name. 

9 answers to this question

Ahh, that will be why it doesn`t show in search & why the name is blocked from being reused then. Its half processed & as you don`t have the email you can`t activate it either.

I don`t know how long they stay pending activation or if the name ever goes back into circulation if it doesn`t get activated, but my guess would be that you need to pick another name unfortunately.

A friend I know did that, and was told to goto E-mail, but it wasn't there, and went to have it resent, then it said registration was unavailable, and not can't even get the e-mail resent, and gave up on trying to find a contact number, and would like to get it resoved... Any suggestions or anyone know the phone number??

Hi Chowhound,

The numbers are: Phone (415) 243-9000 Fax (415) 243-9045 - Though I suspect they won`t be there at weekends. In the long run it is probably faster on a failed registration to just start again & pick a new name.

If you have further questions, could you go to: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Answers/qac-p/Answers and use the "Ask a Question" box because you are more likely to get a response if you start your own thread rather than posting on one like this hidden away on page 25 :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.