Mesh body!!

LadyEvaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The new mesh bodies look nice, but you can't do much to customize them.  A mesh body is essentially a shell that you wear over your "real" body as if you were wearing armor or an unusual set of clothing.  Your real body is hidden inside, masked by a alpha transparency layer so that it doesn't poke through accidentally.  When you try to wear other clothing or try to make changes to your skin or shape, you won't see them because they are all modifying the body that you can't see.

The only solution is to get rid of the mesh body and use a "classical" avatar shape instead.  If you click the Avatar button on your screen (or if you open your inventory anbd look in the Library >>> Clothing folder way at the bottom of inventory, you'll find a fairly good selection of starter bodies.  Chose any one that does not say "mesh" after it and you'll be in great shape.

See more at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Controlling-your-avatar-s-appearance/ta-p/700709 and http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-clothing-that-fits-your-avatar/ta-p/2570096

• Like 1

Rolig has provided one solution, but it's not much help if what you want to do is use the beautiful new (and expensive!) mesh body you've bought.

You'll have to look for clothes that are specifically designed to work with your mesh body.  Often, some will be sold at the same place where you bought the body.  For popular mesh bodies, some designers make clothes for them.  Or, they will provide clothes with "appliers" -- little HUDs that you wear, that apply the proper clothing texture of a skin or an outfit to the mesh body.

Mesh heads are the same way...skins and makeup tattoos won't work on them.  Most of them have controls that will change the makeup, but the actual shape of the head can't be adjusted to look like the "old you"...so be sure to buy one that looks the way you want to look.

As for me, I've tried some demos, but mesh hands and feet are as far as I'm willing to go down the "body replacement" path.  I have far too much invested in regular clothing and appearance items to want to start over, with a much more limited selection.

• Like 1

SL is very warm to help new users.
If no one helped send me message.
I'm a bit neurotic, on sl for romance, but I help people sometimes..

I use a bought Anime avatar around 500 lindens  + 300 lindens very customizable and yet a mesh!
I have no experience with Buying the best "HUMAN" body avatars.
Buy one Is not cheap,  just stick some days without eating school launch...
Not easy task but very healty sometimes!

Those prices are great for developers at this point, but instead of promoting sl, I see a degradation of overall quality/invitation.
The traumatic "noob fase" could be lessened by better quality, no one wants to be like others, it could have a GREAT quality avatars. This would help content creators with a sample starter quality, and bring more consumers... see statistics.

I will open a serious talk about it someday. 

World:                 7,284,897,399 people in this world.
Facebook:           1,350,000,000 ACTIVE users this month on facebook.
Resitents SL       40,691,231 
SL  online now:          45,320

Is growing, they are doing great ads job.
But there is something wrong, not only lag. we need face it.
I want see a big otaku comunity growing there. Hopes...

May my mind set my future with brainstorm..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.