"recognized" resident

Lavender9Jade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Congratulations! :D

With your very 1st post you are now an Honored Resident!

These are acknowledgement Roles and Ranks from the Forum System that takes note of how often you post, where your post and other SL Answers Helping related activities. Read more here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranksroles#ranksroles

Roles and Ranks

• What roles, or ranks, are available on the Community website??

Like most online communities, we have a series of ranks/roles to recognize users who contribute content valued by the community. When a person first logs into the community website, they receive the New Resident rank. As they spend time as active participants, their rank will change. The higher the rank, the more exacting the requirements.

Higher ranks in a community mean additional permissions or features may become available to you. The current rank groups and corresponding roles are listed below. Some roles have multiple different rank divisions within them. The main associated permission additions are listed after each rank/role.

New Resident can:

• Create a profile
    • Use private messages
    • Adjust preferences and settings
    • Please Note: As of September 1, 2011 New Residents will have an extended wait in order to receive HTML and Upload Image abilities

Resident can:

• Use a signature
    • Use simple HTML in posts and signatures
    • Use uploaded images as their avatars
    • Upload images
    • Insert images they have uploaded in posts
    • Share uploaded images
    • Give Kudos
    • Include externally hosted (YouTube) videos in posts

Member can:

• Add a tag
    • Comment on KB articles

Advisor :

• Permission for Advisor has been merged with Member

Contributor can:

• Start new knowledge base articles and edit draft (unpublished) articles (cannot publish articles)
    • Nominate topics for knowledge base articles

Helper can:

• Allow user to edit published knowledge base articles (cannot publish changes)

• How do I change in rank and permissions?

It will be a natural progression based on community participation. Here are some of the general criteria used in the formula that automatically determines ranks/roles.

1. Active participation in various areas including but not limited to: kudos, contributions that include appropriate posting, and accepted solutions
    2. Accepted Solutions
      You may notice that your rank has changed on your profile or on your messages. When that happens, look for additional permissions under the My Settings and under the options menu on your posts.

Note: If any of your posts or messages are removed, or if a received Accepted Solution is revoked by the question author, your rank may revert to a previous level. This can happen if you are right on the edge of two ranks and no longer meet the criteria for the higher rank.

• Can I elect to not show my rank?

No, you cannot. But you do have other privacy options available to you. In your settings, under Social Connect in the Badge option, you can choose what information shows with your name on your posts. The options are Kudos, Accepted Solutions, and Topics. Rank and posts are always displayed.

• What icons are used for roles and ranks?

The main icons used for roles and ranks are as follows: (VIP is not currently available)

rank_icons.png

• Like 1

What KarenMichelle hasn't explained is that once you're recognized, it's much harder to be nefarious. Back when I was just a helper, I could give out bad advice and nobody knew it was me. Now that I'm recognized, I have to work harder to create mayhem.

If you keep posting long enough, the system apparently becomes complacent and no longer recognizes you. I think you then become a contributor or something like that. At that point, you can begin to contribute nonsense until you are once again recognized, then you'll once again have to be more careful.

Yes, it's a nutty system. But what can we do?

;-).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.