Xubuntu right click crash

RiokuNara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm using the latest version of Xubuntu (as of this post) and everytime I right click on something in SL, the viewer crashes. Sometimes it will take me to my login screen. I have tried every linux viewer I could find, but they either log me off of my computer or crashes SL.
I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge 15 with i3 (Not sure what integrated graphics), 4gb RAM.

I managed to make Alchemy Viewer right click and sit on something, but after I installed it, it crashes itself also.

1 answer to this question

I don`t have  a solution to your problem but there is a thread on the forums about it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Viewrers-crash-on-Linux-need-to-install-something/td-p/2877802

There are suggestions that it is a driver problem, personally I`ve not had this problem on any distro that I`ve used (mint, manjaro, ubuntu) with any viewer (sl, firestorm, singu, alchemy) But I`m nvidia graphics and always install non free(proprietary) graphics drivers when I use a distro.

If you start alchemy viewer but don`t log in, click help > about, that will tell you what graphics you have then you can look for drivers in xubuntu software update.

Good luck :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.