How do you stop seeing my neighbours objects channel chat?

Bethany Felisimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I am on my land, every minute my neighbours breedable pets food container spams me with channel chat.  

e.g.

.: An object named IC_FoodDispenser for Ozimals Bunniesv1.3 (owned by: XXXXXXX) said on channel 1: 0a712676-b6dc-8df0-43a4-be50efb3f747,STANDARD FOOD,37c0c50e-9850-4c96-9b09-1c66e0288816,v1.3

I am not wearing any huds besides my AO and has only started happening in the last 4 days.... its driving me nuts!! lol Does anyone know if its something in my settings? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

12 answers to this question

that spamming thingy of Your neighbour talks on channel 1? Are You really sure? Channels other than the default chart-channel (chat talks on channel 0) shouldn't be heared with out special tools.

Maybe the neighbor is so nice to check His thingy or set it to an other channel.

If this is being said on channel 1 then you must have an object that is reporting it to you.

Do you usually control your AO with channel 1 - that is chat /1 message?  If so it's probably, and annoyingly, your AO complaining that someone else is talking to it.

Otherwise you must have some other attachment or object that is reporting this.

Please can you tell us which object this message comes from?  It should be given in chat, the message below does not say (apart from ".")

Do you keep getting the message if you take off all of your attachments (including your AO and non-hud attachments)? Also, what kind of scripted objects do you have on your parcel?

Generally speaking, your viewer can't/won't listen to channel 1 by itself -- somewhere near (or on) you is an object that is listening for script messages on channel 1 and repeating them on channel 0. It could be any object that interacts with other objects - from the food dispenser itself to the light switches on the wall, to your AO HUD, to your house's control panel (if you have one).

Unfortunately, it looks like the object which is repeating the messages in public chat is taking its own name out -- so finding the offending script is going to be hard. If your estate's owner is available, they may be able to see what scripts are running in your area and figure out which one is causing the trouble... Otherwise, an abuse report might be your only option.

the message start tells me that it is an object name "." repeating what is said on channel 1 (and perhaps other channels).

open chat hist, an click on the name of the object(".") to locate the object (and tell who the owner is)... if it is yours, you can remove or return it, if it is not, you can mute it, or it's owner. if neither of those options are effective, you can speak to the owner, or you can abuse report the object, and pray for someone to do something about it quickly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.