Sign in to follow this  
Aasha Kohime

Playing Animations via UUIDs

At this point I'm considering pulling one of you to the side and having you put the server object together for me if you're willing. My partner working on it is pretty busy with life and ever since the demo has gone down the activity around the game has dropped.

put a advert in the Help Wanted forum on here. Is quite a few commercial pro scripters on here who will do what you want to a high standard

just make sure that is a work for hire and that you are buying the IP to the scripts as well

My friend doesn't know how to script in releaseing permissions so that the thing stops animating if you're not  the one  to be animated.

Otherwise it seems to be going smoothly again.

without seeing a script then dunno what your friends issue is but generally can release perms when avatar is sitting or attach

cant release if avatar is not sit or attach. (is a bit of a bughole this)

example test

releasePerms(key id){    integer perms = llGetPermissions();    if (perms & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)    {        list a = llGetAnimationList(id);        integer c = llGetListLength(a);        integer i;        for (i = 0; i < c; i++)            llStopAnimation(llList2String(a, i));    }    // include any other stuff that needs to be stopped here    // ... examples    /*        if (perms & PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS)            llReleaseControls();        if (perms & PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA)            llClearCameraParams();     */       llRequestPermissions(id, 0);}default{    state_entry()    {        integer perms =             PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION            /*              | PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS              | PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA            */            ;       llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(), perms);    }       touch_start(integer num_detected)    {        key id = llDetectedKey(0);         if (id == llGetOwner())        {            releasePerms(id);                        // test : will gen a perms warning error            //        when avatar is sitting or attach            // perms are not released when avatar is            // not sitting or attached. is a bughole this            llStartAnimation("dance1");          }        }    run_time_permissions(integer perms)    {        // should be the same        llOwnerSay((string)perms + " : " + (string)llGetPermissions());                if (perms & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)            llStartAnimation("dance1");     }}