about the mesh body and making mesh clothes to blender

kalliopi Ziplon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I would like to as about the mesh body and making mesh clothes to blender

Now that the mesh body is out if we make mesh clothes how do we make sure it fits the mesh body too? Do we need to make them on a mesh body? Does avastar is no  logger in use? Since is not a mesh body

Merry xmass to you all and ty for reading me

As far as I know, Slink is the only one that has released an official developer kit for mesh clothing makers. The Belleza has an unscripted mesh body in it's developer kit but I'm not sure how much that will help.

Most mesh clothing will fit the current mesh bodies since both are rigged. The only adjustment you MIGHT have to make is in the butt portion since most mesh bods have a bit more....junk in the trunk  so to speak.

What mesh bodies are is like a "skin" over the default avi that corrects some of the default avi problems such as too few polygons in the breast, butt and calf areas so that you get sharp spikes. I have found that for the most part, I have no problem wearing standard size clothing with my mesh bods. I'm a clothing designer specializing in applier clothing that utilizes the "system clothing" templates. I currently have, on my models, the Slink, Fusion athletic and genesis, Lena Perky, Banned, GInc Perfect Body, Belleza Venus and the Maitreya that just came out.

Do keep in mind that the creators have made rounder butts so you may need to adjust skirts. You might also want to take a look at the alphas that are available for the mesh since regular alphas you use with the default avi won't work with the mesh bods. If anyone would like to see the bodys and what alphas are available fot them. please feel free to contact me inworld and I'll be happy to show you.

Many of my costumers ask me if the mesh clothes I have ( I have pay for the mesh clothes and I am putting fabric on them ) fits the mesh body they have , some told me there is a free one and others that one is selling mesh body.  I told them to wear the demos  and the told me that  they do not fit , when they wear the mesh body  many of the clothes do not fit is like they do not wear them or something like that .

I will start learning how to make mesh clothes by the new year and I am thinking about those mesh body they say – I do not have one- if I use avastar or my body to blender  will the clothes fit to a mesh body ? I mostly buy mesh from Meli , if costumers told me they do not fit in their mesh bodies then that’s why I am asking .

Do we have to make mesh clothes in a new way now?

Thank you for helping me out understand .

If you want to make mesh clothing for mesh bodies, like I said, get the Slink developer kit for mesh body makers as well and the developer kit for Belleza. The only "free" on in SL is the one from The Mesh Project. All the others have demos if you want to check sizing. Do remember they are rigged mesh. I've found with the Slink, I don't have to do anything I don't already do for the default avi. For Banned and the GInc Perfect Body, I've just had to go up a size, mainly because the mesh does add to the size of the avie even though my default is set at the standard sizing Small.

So, after reading a bit (thanks to Bobbie Faulds's insights in this thread), chatting a bit, and experimenting a bit ... :matte-motes-grin:

1. The new Mesh Avatars are not a replacement of the default Avatar, but they are just mesh characters like all other mesh characters made by other creators.
  2. Avastar is healthy and up to date as far as i can tell. I am not aware of any "new way to create mesh clothes". Please correct me if i missed any other new development.

It would be nice if we had some mesh mannequins for making alternative clothes for the Linden Mesh Avatars. But on the other hand those mesh characters are not the coolest ones on the planet. So it may be an alternative to look at the character market and make mesh clothes for whichever brand seems convenient to you.

As a sidenote: Since Avastar Release (1.3) we have a Conversion function which allows to convert a foreign SL compatible Rig to the Avastar Rig. So i think that we are now prepared to work with any Mesh creator's development kit as long as it is rigged to an SL compatible Skeleton (non human meshes should also work). I tested yesterday with Belleeza. Next to test is the Mesh Project.

And if there are other creators who want their development meshes be tested with Avastar, or want to provide Template Blend files, just contact me. An IM or notecard in SL would be sufficient.

cheers,

Gaia

As a creator-point-of-view (and eventually customer-point-of-view), the fitted mesh concept just does not work. That is the only correct answer. No matter what kind of tools there are, the idea does not work.

I do not mean to critisize Avastar or anyone making those tools, you have done a great work.

We see those problems in Medhue's tut video starting from about 35:00.

Medhue starts to play with the problematic areas and finally more or less gives up in the video :D. And I do understand that. Female body ends up somewhat to the state that is needed but with male avatar body the area starting from upper leg and ending to around belly bone is just impossible to rig so that it looks even fairly ok with all possible shape slider combinations. Well, at least when we talk about attachments created for male body.

Well. There is hope. Some day when we see the SL2.0, all these problems will be solved. One interesting page to visit is http://www.lindenlab.com/careers

With a short peek you can tell that they really are developing something that has never seen before in the scene of "Massively Multiplayer Online Games"

Jake Koronikov wrote:

As a creator-point-of-view (and eventually customer-point-of-view), the fitted mesh concept just does not work. That is the only correct answer. No matter what kind of tools there are, the idea does not work.

I do not mean to critisize Avastar or anyone making those tools, you have done a great work.

I do not feel personaly criticised :) All of us hate fitted mesh in one or the other way. Anyways. Can you give me an obvious example (blend file) where rigging to the Colliiosn Volumes does not work ?

I would like to look at that in detail. Maybe there is something we can do at the end ...

thanks

Aww thanks Gaia :). I can make a sample blend file later this week. But as an example a photo below.

Capture.JPG

If you take the default avatar lower male body as starting point. And cut the mesh about on same level as the black GreasePencil stroke in photo above. (near waist line). Now we have a very simplified pants, or jeans, or whatever.

[ETA: Sorry about silly and quikcly made photho, the GreasePencil stroke is the thick black line, not the thin one]

Now, how to rig these male pants so that inworld:

* Butt size, Body Fat, Leg Muscles, Body Thickness, Saddle Bags -sliders can have some reasonable values between about 10..80 (we dunt even need to go up to 100 for this example..). And almost any combination of those values. As we know, male bodies can have quite many combinations inworld.

We can forget the Package-slider in this case. There is no solution for that slider anyway.

If we play with the above mentioned sliders inworld, there are far too many combinations where the waistline just does not work. It goes inside the body or gets badly deformed. Or over-deforms in extreme settings of those sliders.

The main problem here is ofcourse that the mesh edge is very well visible. If this would be female dress, problems could be solved with alphas.

kalliopi Ziplon wrote:

Many of my costumers ask me if the mesh clothes I have ( I have pay for the mesh clothes and I am putting fabric on them ) fits the mesh body they have , some told me there is a free one and others that one is selling mesh body.  I told them to wear the demos  and the told me that  they do not fit , when they wear the mesh body  many of the clothes do not fit is like they do not wear them or something like that .

I will start learning how to make mesh clothes by the new year and I am thinking about those mesh body they say – I do not have one- if I use avastar or my body to blender  will the clothes fit to a mesh body ? I mostly buy mesh from Meli , if costumers told me they do not fit in their mesh bodies then that’s why I am asking .

Do we have to make mesh clothes in a new way now?

Thank you for helping me out understand .

I'll send you a LM inworld there's a really good mesh body you can get for free, and semi adjustable with the built in shape tool, it all so has an upgrade you can buy so you can apply system layer style clothes. So there's a lot of naked people running around looking for mesh clothes for this, because to upgrade to get the clothing layers cost form 2500 to 5000 L$

it's ether called "the mesh project" or "the shops" inworld very confusing store you need a hud to shop.

Nobody took the challenge? :matte-motes-silly:

I made a very simple blend-file. It contains a shorts-kind-of-a-model extracted from a standard male avatar.

You will find the blend file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=29492499795713467961

The sample pants already have weight groups. They are generaed from Avastar using "Adjust Weight Groups", "Copy from Avastar" and "Fitted Mesh" -settings on. This is a very good starting point for fitted mesh rigging - according to my opinion.

The blend-file does not include SL Avatar. But you can add (if you wish) Avastar tool into the 0,0,0 position - and the pants are located in correct position. Set the Avastar to male body. After that, just bind the pants into the Avastar with keep weight-groups option on.

After that: rigging and testing in Avastar with "Attach Sliders" or inworlds. ( *hits his head into the desk several times* )

What I want to tell with this example? There is no way to make fitted mesh rigging for these kind of pants with only one size. The solution is to make at least 4 separate sizes depending on avatar butt and body fat values.

Thats it. *desperately waiting for new second life platform to come*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.